We run the largest vision biology / eyesight / natural myopia destination online. We're a very large community of individuals who don't like glasses, and we like to discuss and explore all sorts of topics relating to eyesight.
We’re looking for freelance writers who can contribute at least 1-3 articles per week, ongoing.
Various types of writing is available, with compensation commensurate with the challenge:
3 cents per word for re-writing existing content (basic explanations of core concepts requested by others featuring us on their sites). Must pass copyscape - and ideally really be your own take on the core premise.
4 cents per word for new content including clinical research links and pictures.
For above, you will be ghostwriting: you won’t be given a byline.
6 cents per word for contributors or journalists who can publish articles on large following (real!) health and fitness Websites and blogs. The person needs to have a contributor account or know a contributor to publish these articles. Looking for someone who can do this on an ongoing basis with different publications.
Payment via PayPal, within 48 hours of article submission.
What we’re looking for:
- Native English speakers
- Strong research skills: you can’t just re-hash the top few Google results
- Able to write in an informal tone as a “friendly expert"
- Ability to follow instructions: you’ll be given a detailed content brief to follow
- Accuracy: your submissions shouldn’t need editing for grammar, typos or clarity
- Reliability: you can choose your own deadline, but then you must stick to it!
- Knowledge about health / science writing a plus
Please include a few samples of your own writing.
Please only apply if you’re a native English speaker.