Monsters and Critics is hiring! If you're a talented writer / reporter and love the world of reality TV, come and join us.
We are looking for freelance news writers to cover one or more of the following franchises and shows:
- The Real Housewives
- 90 Day Fiance
- The Kardashians
- The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- The Voice
- American Idol
- Alaskan Bush People
Working under our Reality TV editor, you will cover all the latest news about at least one of these shows, writing about what happens to the cast members both on and off camera.
You will need to use your journalistic skills to find your own ideas for stories, although some headline ideas will also be provided.
These roles are freelance, work-from-home (or anywhere!) positions with flexible hours, paid on a per-story basis with the ability to earn attractive additional bonuses.
To apply, you must have experience as a writer for print or the web and be a self-starter and a die-hard reality TV fan.
- Pitch article ideas about the reality TV show/s you are designated to cover, as well as claim article ideas supplied by Monsters and Critics editors.
- Work in a timely manner to write 400+ word articles based on these ideas, using WordPress.
- Complete various other tasks for each article, including resizing and cropping photos before uploading them as part of the story.
- Take on feedback and communicate effectively and positively with other members of the Monsters and Critics team.
- Experience as a writer for print or the web.
- In-depth knowledge of the reality TV shows you wish to write about.
- Knowledge of basic photo editing skills (resizing, cropping, adjusting exposure etc).
- Knowledge of WordPress, or using another CMS.
- The ability to work at speed.
- Ability to commit to writing at least 10 stories a week (roughly 10 hours) on a regular basis, although more is preferable.
- Must be a team player.
To apply, please follow the link and complete the application form.
Monsters and Critics is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people from underrepresented groups to apply.