Sell Home Now is seeking a Freelance experienced content writer for Real Estate content. Specifically, wholesaling niche, but with broad coverage of real estate topics that appeal to motivated home sellers and home selling in general.
We’re not looking for someone to just churn out content, but content written with SEO tech in mind.
We’re looking for someone who can develop an understanding of the Real Estate niche topic and create truly helpful content for our audience, which are predominantly motivated home sellers.
We don't pay per word, because some posts require more research than others. It'll be up to you to use your time to create the best content possible.
If you’re the kind of person who loves writing useful content, conducting research and simplifying complex topics, you should apply.
You’ll be working directly with the owner of the company.
You’ll be writing about real estate of topics so, if you’re passionate about them, you’d be a great fit.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- We’ll start with editing existing blog posts – and expanding the content to improve SEO metrics.
- Casual writing style - For most pieces, the writing style is generally casual and sometimes fun. Humor is good. Most work may sound repetitive in order to achieve SEO metric targets so getting experienced in niche lingo will help down the road and speed up the work.
- Blog posts - Topics will be in the home selling realm. Some existing knowledge in this area would be very helpful. Types of posts include how-to, benefits, comparisons, etc.. Check out the blog here.
- SEO optimization - All posts should take SEO into consideration and we're happy to train you on this if you haven't done it before. We use Surfer SEO and our goal is to have the best SurferSEO score for the keywords targeted.
- When needed, write or edit existing posts to be used as quality guest posts – Depending on the need. We’ll need high-quality guest posts on our partners’ sites. These are important relationships and we’ll need quality - not just churn and burn guest posts.
- Update and improve existing pages – There is some work to be done on a few pages, but most editing will be done on existing blog posts
- Suggest content ideas - If you have ideas for content, we want to hear them.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experienced – You’ve worked in writing before, and hopefully you are familiar with real estate topics. Ideally, that’s for 2+ years and B2B content and you are very familiar with real estate wholesaling. However, this isn’t necessary. We believe that if you care for readers, love research, and are enthusiastic about what we do, you’ll be fine.
- Understanding – You are empathetic and can put yourself in other people’s shoes to write in a way that they can understand. You also understand the avatar of home sellers we are trying to target so the content will be relevant and be written with specific triggers in mind.
- Self-motivated – You show up every day with a great attitude and can work independently & remotely
- Organized – You’re able to manage your time, keep on top of your productivity and enjoy the satisfaction of completing all of your tasks
- Problem solver – It’s not always obvious how each task should be approached. You’ll work out what you need to do and follow through with a well-thought-out solution
- Communicator – You’re great at both written and verbal communication – in your writing and with our team.
Tolls you’ll be expected to use
- SurferSEO is a must. It will provide guidance on creating content with SEO metrics.
- We host our site on carrot.com platform. It is a platform built on wordpress core. You’ll need to get familiar with it.
- Use Ahref, Sitechecker pro, and other SEO tools – we provide access
- Use Hubstaff for remote work time tracking
FOR BONUS POINTS
- You’ve worked as a wholesaler, acquisition manager, or are/was a real estate agent/investor at one point
- You geek out when it comes to achieving high scores – understanding what makes certain content score better than others is key.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- 100% remote
- Autonomy & flexibility
- Opportunity to establish a long-term relationship
WHAT DOES IT PAY?
- Good question. Being that we are a new company, we are obviously managing our costs. Your application must include what pay you are looking for and how you prefer it is structured
- We can arrange a pay per article/page, pay per hour, or negotiate a larger package for longer-term (after a trial period)
ABOUT Sell Home Now
We specialize in buying houses fast for cash to help motivated sellers solve their problems. It is a very competitive market and we find that SEO is very important to be able to spread the word about our company and what we have to offer. You’ll be working with a small and new company in startup phase.