Project Manager, PR and Editorial Communications (71101)
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Pratt Institute's Communications and Marketing (PComm) division, a dynamic and collaborative team of content creators, is seeking a Project Manager, PR and Editorial Communications to join its Public Relations and Editorial Communications team (PR/EC). In this role, we will count on you to execute strategies that enhance the Institute's reputation through increased visibility of the Institute's initiatives, engagement of new audiences, and promotion of news, events, and accomplishments related to its programs, faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Also, the Project Manager, PR/EC will support the PR/EC team's day-to-day needs including collaborating with stakeholders to ensure that PR/EC projects are completed on time and reflect the top quality standards that are expected of a leading institution of higher education. As a new position, the role serves as a liaison with the other teams in PComm (Creative Services, Digital Communications, and Prattfolio, the Institute's magazine) to ensure that Pratt's communications are aligned and support the Institute's mission, values, and PR positioning/messaging.
Similar to an agency, you will manage a high volume of incoming news and ideas. These content leads coming from across Pratt's campus include art, architecture, design, social and environmental justice, community outreach, higher education, events/exhibitions, and more.
If you are ready to join a dynamic team, share Pratt's creative spirit, and work in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, then this is the opportunity you're looking for!
On a typical day you will be required to:
Serve as general workflow manager for the PR/EC team, which is a new role within the Communications and Marketing division
Support PR and editorial calendar operations by coordinating news article content reviews and approvals as well as gathering images and background information
Manage the PR/EC reporting system that is dedicated to story mining and announcing timely news on the academic and administrative sides of Pratt.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Minimum five to seven (5-7) years of previous communication and/or public relations agency or related/equivalent experience.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities, adhere to production schedules, and work productively under deadlines
• Strong client-facing ambassador and reputable leader for the PR/EC team; exhibiting an energetic, can-do attitude and commitment to positive client service interactions
• Exhibits strong people skills and emotional intelligence, ability to work on a collaborative team composed of many people with a variety of technical and non-technical skills; must have the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff from diverse backgrounds, as well as demonstrate sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills that facilitate collaboration with colleagues at all levels and with internal and external customers
• Self-motivated, efficient, and detail-oriented, proven success in managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines
• Experience and ability to work in Asana or a similar project manager tool
• Experience working in an Apple Mac environment and contemporary content management systems preferred
• Knowledge of art, design, architecture, and higher education preferred
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click https://www.pratt.edu/coronavirus/campus-access/
Pratt Institute provides the creative leaders of tomorrow the knowledge and experience to make a better world. A top-ranked college with opportunities in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and sciences, and information studies, Pratt offers nearly 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The Institute’s impact expands beyond its 25-acre residential campus in Brooklyn to cutting-edge facilities throughout the borough and a landmark building and public gallery in Manhattan. Since its founding in 1887, Pratt has prioritized diversity and inclusion, welcoming students from all walks of life while developing and sustaining pathways to more equitable workplaces and careers.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3475793
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.