DC Tribune is part of a consortium of sites that collectively do more than 10 million page views a month. We are looking for talented writers who write about the following:
* Liberal and progressive politics
* Current events
* Congressional and legislative news
* Backwards Republican policy
* Economic, racial and social justice in the age of Trump
* Geopolitics under Trump-style "diplomacy"
* Immigration reform and the rise of racism since 2016
* Other news of interest to American liberals and progressives
Knowledge of WordPress or ability to learn WordPress on your own time is required. Flawless grammar and spelling is required.
We are only looking for fresh content and have no interest in republishing pieces from personal blogs etc.
We hire freelance writers as 1099 contractors. You write on your own time and pick your own subjects. Story submissions will require approval by the editorial team. We're looking for regular contributors.
Our pay structure is based on a revenue share model. We use 100% of the revenues that we receive from Google Adsense ads to pay our editorial team and writers. Our top writer made over $ 80k last year, and it's very reasonable to make up to $5 k a month. But since pay is directly connected to results - writers could do very poorly and only make $100 or very well and make $5k.
That said, DC Tribune isn't a get rich quick site. How much money you make depends on:
* How often you write.
* How carefully you select story ideas, featured images, and headlines.
* How well you promote your articles. We promote for you on our very large social network (millions of fans), but any promotion beyond that is your responsibility. We do provide tips and recommendation. If you have access to a big Facebook page or Twitter account, you can quickly grow your views and your own personal fan-base.
We have a huge platform and a long track record of success. We're looking for writers who do this for a living and not someone who is looking to make a little extra cash.