I'm looking for a freelance food/nutrition writer for a new site called PlantProteins.io (soon to be launched!). PlantProteins is a guide to getting more protein from plant-based sources. I'm a huge believer in adding more plant-based protein to my diet, both for my health as well as sustainability. Let's help more people get their protein from plants!
A little bit about who I'm looking for:
- You have experience writing well-researched blog posts for online publications (anywhere from 1,000 - 3,000+ words)
- You're comfortable finding reputable sources of information used to back up what you write.
- You're comfortable working together on topics or from an outline and filling that in based on your research.
- You'd describe your style as fun yet informative
Experience writing about food, nutrition, and plant-based diets is a huge plus.
This is a freelance position. Rates are competitive and based on experience (I used to be a freelance writer myself, and I believe in fair pay). Somewhere in the $0.15 - $0.30 per word range, depending on experience.
Looking for someone to write 1-2 posts per month to start, approx. length 1,500 - 4,000 words, depending on the topic. So yeah, pretty long format :)
Some topics the site will cover include:
- What are the best sources of plant-based protein?
- How do you get enough protein in your diet from plant-based sources?
- What's in an Impossible Burger?
Please click this link to apply: https://goo.gl/forms/AZ1buHJqpzIkR1GK2
I'll be in touch via email if I think we may be a good match to work together!
Hit me up with questions at [email protected] (but please don't send applications via email. Thanks!)
Thanks for your time!