We’re looking for contract blog post writers on a personal finance website. This is a perfect opportunity for folks that love to write, enjoy personal finance topics, and want complete flexibility with their work hours and workload.
There’s no spec work or other shenanigans with us. Simply do the writing and get paid.
The bulk of this contract work will be between now and the end of March. That said, we’re always looking for dependable contract writers and this could turn into more work down the road.
Here’s what to expect:
- 1500-2000 word blog posts.
- These posts will be published under the byline of one of our other authors.
- Once your draft is finished, they'll go through a very light round of editing and then get published. We try to avoid any back-and-forth on posts if possible.
- All the topics will be about personal finance and include things like credit cards, bank accounts, loans, investing, taxes, etc.
- Must have bandwidth to write at least one post per week through March 2020. We’re happy to accept more posts each week if you’d like to write at a higher frequency.
How Our Writing Process Works
You’ll be given a topic, outline, and headline for every post. There’s no need to worry about finding an exciting angle or wondering if you’re going in the right direction. We figure that stuff out ahead of time so you can focus on the writing. This also avoids having to do any heavy rewrites. From the beginning, the post will have the right structure and direction.
Once you’ve completed your draft of the post, we’ll review and make minor edits. We know that endless rewrites are a drag for everyone. Our goal is to get the post polished and published without any back and forth. We typically give feedback on the first few posts for any new writer to help them improve their writing. After that, we prefer to publish posts without any rewrites once the writer can hit our quality guidelines on their own.