We're launching a new personal finance website focused on people in their 20s and 30s, and we're looking for 2-3 experienced writers who can tackle a few articles each week. Think Greatist.com for personal finance.
These articles would be based on specific topics and range from 500 to 2,000 words depending on the topic. In your application, please include your rate per word - if this isn't included, we won't consider your application.
We're looking for bloggers who have experience taking personal finance topics and making them easy to understand for the lay person or younger audiences. These articles will be casual and conversational while still offering plenty of credible information, stats, sources, etc.
Our ideal personal finance writer:
- is looking for a long-term gig
- has past personal finance experience and writing samples
- can add personality and style to their articles
- is familiar with WordPress
- can put together well-researched articles without a lot of editing or direction
We have content guidelines that include how to lay out your content, what to include, etc., so after the first few articles we expect writers to have a good understanding of what we're looking for.
Again, these should be fun, conversational articles that appeal to younger audiences - we'll include GIFs, etc. and we're totally okay with content that has a sense of humor and quirkiness.
We're willing to pay for above-average talent and would love to find 2-3 writers willing to work together for the foreseeable future.
If you're interested, please apply with:
- 1-3 personal finance writing samples
- brief writing/work history
- your per word or per article rate
Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions!