Are you a writer with experience in personal finance?
We're looking for content writers with experience in Canadian personal finance topics to improve current articles on MapleMoney, making them more engaging, long-form, and optimized for both the reader and search.
Ideally, you'll have experience in Canadian personal finance, including credit cards, Canadian banks, RRSP/TFSA/RESP, and Canadian taxes.
Writers should also be comfortable using WordPress with Yoast SEO.
- Targeting about 1,000 - 2,000 words per post
- Write in a conversational tone, actionable information, no fluff.
- Use Canadian spelling (e.g., colour instead of color)
- Short paragraphs, around 5 or 6 lines max. Shorter is better.
- Use sub-headings that help readers that are skimming
- Wrap up each post with a conclusion.
- Include relevant links in the article. At least 3 internal links per 1,000 words.
- Include outbound links to any mentioned company, article, or survey.
We'll be hiring multiple writers to refresh previously published articles, assigning 2000-5000 words per week.
Tasks will include adding content to increase word count and topic depth, targeting a keyword and related keywords as well as including links to internal and external sources. New headlines, title tags and descriptions may be needed as well.
Writers that perform well will be asked to expand their role over multiple sites and upcoming content projects.