I'm hiring a part-time SEO editor and content manager to take over some editorial responsibilities to scope out, copy edit, and quality control blog article drafts.
In order to do the job well, you must have all the skills below to fulfill your day-to-day responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL to have:
- Excellent writer and editor in the English language (preferably North American usage)
- Excellent at finding answers through web research
- Independent worker who excels at self-directed work and time management
- Strong communications skills and willingness to constantly check in on Slack
- Super organized. Our internal organization is pretty insane, and we uphold a high standard for keeping things extremely organized in Airtable and Google drive
- Interest in Wearable technology and gadgets in general
- Diligent and hard working, get things done without much BS
- Detail oriented, would not let a grammar error slip
- Desire for learning people management skills
- Desire for learning advanced SEO skills
- Keyword research skills (training available)
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization (training available)
- Google Suite apps mastery (in particular Doc, Sheets)
- Able to use Airtable and Slack (training available)
- Familar with WordPress CMS interface and taxonomy system
Why you would want to work at this role:
- This a remote job, so you can take it anywhere with you as long as you report on Slack within 6 hours of London/Lisbon timezone
- The autonomy to shape and structure your work scope with clear instructions. You are expected to grow at this role.
- Opportunity to learn SEO from the best brains in the industry
- Opportunity to be part of the wearable tech scene
How it works with hiring timeline is that you will go through 1st round screening and 2nd round interview. You will be offered a 1 month paid trial if you succeed in the interview, and after 1st month trial if we both are happy, we will extend it to a longer term contract. It starts as a part-time role of about 20 hours/week with the potential to increase in hours and responsibility over time. The role will be paid hourly.
What your 1st month trial looks like:
- Go through SEO training and understand our internal SOPs
- Edit and proofread writers drafts with our own Checklists and specialist software
- Update and maintain our product database on pricing, specs and other update-to-date info
What your first 3 months look like:
- Based on keyword research, create article draft outline for writers that clearly specs out sections and headings for news, reviews, and technical content
- Check writer's submitted drafts against SEO requirements such as Keywords, word count, readability, grammar, on-page elements etc with an EAGLE EYE for detail
- Maintain and update product database for internal research and guidelines, as it's the single source of truth for writers to do product reveiws
- Write engaging Titles and meta descriptions for each article
- Check VA's work on WordPress for accuracy and formatting before the posts go live
- Constantly check and monitor web news and competitor sites for trends and content ideas
What your first 6 months look like:
- You are very proficient at creating search-engine-optimized content by now, you are looking at content strategies to increase user engagement
- You will be managing a few writers' assignments and workload as well as giving them instructions to write
- You could be closely monitoring trends in the wearable technology space and bringing onboard other exciting content idea
- It's really up to what you make out of it and how the website grows as a result
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply by filling out the interview form here: https://airtable.com/shro2OVxm0rCmi4ZX.