The Multimedia Journalist uses invention, imagination, originality, and talent to develop, write, and edit materials for print and electronic publications, which may include, but are not limited to, newspaper, brochures, ads, posters, and social media. Proofreads original copy, as well as prepared materials, for readability and grammatical correctness. Responsibly for visually illustrating the community by meeting the still and video photographic needs of the Association and assisting in the production of multi-image, multi-media, and video presentations for promotional and informational use by the Association. Plans, implements, manages and monitors the Association's social media platforms to increase brand awareness and promote inclusivity.
- Helps to promote the Association to residents, potential buyers, and others by contributing a unique or fresh interpretation in preparing feature stories and assisting in generating story ideas and leads, writing, and editing of material for related publications.
- Helps to promote the Association to prospective buyers by using invention, imagination, originality, and talent in preparing copy of marketing material for publication.
- Ensures the production of material consistent with established guidelines by organizing materials and completing writing assignments in accordance to set standards regarding order, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Contributes to the development of various publications by reviewing published materials and recommending revisions or changes in scope, format, and content or determining the need for the development of new material.
- Ensures consistency with standards by editing, standardizing, or making changes to material prepared by others.
- Develops subject matter for publication by conferring with Association staff and residents.
- Uses originality, talent, and imagination to produce the desired photographic results by determining needs and desired results, posing subjects and arranging objects in the most favorable setting to attain goals as determined by the projects' needs, taking into account lighting, background and other influencing conditions and adjusting cameras, attachments and lights as appropriate.
- Creates photographs of a variety of events, including faculty and staff, property and landscape scenes, Association activities, art objects, buildings, individuals, groups, and other items deemed necessary to the Association by properly using general and special purpose equipment.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share engaging content daily (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news) to Association social media platforms. Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews. Oversee social media accounts design (e.g., Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures, and blog layout).
- Assists in meeting the Associations objectives through knowledge of type and design in order to develop concepts, sketched, or proofs and advertising them as appropriate options to achieve communication objectives.
- Reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current by reading professional journals and literature, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as appropriate.
- Contributes to the overall success of the company by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned, maintaining a professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service.
Bachelors degree in English, Communication, or Journalism, is required.
Two (2) years of experience in a professional position writing or editing materials for publication.
Working experience with Associated Press Style writing and editing, preferably for a newspaper.
Basic working knowledge of professional photography.
The scope of the job requires attendance at evening and/or weekend activities periodically.
25 hours per week.
Can be performed remotely.
At least 1-day in the office per week is required.
Paid sick time.
Retirement Plan with company match.
Use of on-site fitness center.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Leisure World Community Association (LWCA) to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, LWCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.