Based in England | Remote | 20 hours per week | £25k a year pro rata (£12.5k) TBD
This is a great opportunity for a strong writer and editor who’s passionate about days out in England to share their knowledge and interest with our readers.
Your focus will be on maintaining, updating, editing and creating written content for use on the website. Using our brand values and tone of voice, you'll help to inspire over 150,000 visitors a month to enjoy England.
This is a long term freelance role. Benefits include flexibility, remote working, free tickets to attractions and great scope for growth. This role is for 20 hours a week – must be a Wednesday or Thursday morning, and the other hours can be decided by you.
You will report directly to Vicky, the Founder and Editor.
ABOUT THE JOB
– Update old content as per instructions and best SEO and content design practice.
– Write new SEO content.
– Format and edit freelance writers’ work.
– Do site wide picture research.
– Some promotion on social media.
– Organise competitions.
– Work on affiliates across the site.
– Fulfil ad hoc requests.
– Create and write the newsletter using A/B testing.
– Review attractions across England.
– Use Google Analytics and other SEO tools to inform editorial decisions.
– Monitor site analytics to make sure monthly traffic targets are met.
– Write advertorials.
– Experience in or a proven passion for writing and editing travel content.
– Experience of improving existing content.
– Be resourceful, has initiative and is proactive – you’ll be working independently.
– Must be passionate and knowledgeable about England.
– Has an entertaining writer with a fun to read style.
– Must know basic SEO at a minimum and be prepared to learn more. Knowledge of ahrefs or SEMrush a plus.
– Be a confident online communicator.
– Be able to examine and interpret analytical tools.
– Have excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
– Have some experience of working with affiliates and implementing them on a blog.
– Minimum two years' experience in digital publishing.
– A calm, friendly can-do attitude.
– Fluent English speaker.
ABOUT DAY OUT IN ENGLAND
DayOutinEngland.com started in January 2020. It now has over 150,000 visitors a month and it’s time to expand. We’re here to help readers make the most of this wonderful country, and to find great days out to suit their budget. Filled with guides and itineraries to England’s best days out, and searchable by interests, counties, cities and areas – we’re definitely not just for the kids!
We're looking to build a conscientious team to carry out our vision, and share our passion for England.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. Only successful candidates will be contacted and invited to interview. A short test of skills will be necessary in the next round. This role will include an initial probationary period.
Application deadline: 5pm Monday 26th September 2022.