WallStreetZen is on a mission to help serious part-time investors make better long-term investment decisions by building the best stock fundamentals research site in the world.
We believe in growing our audience organically by providing value to users, and we’re looking for a committed part-time editor who can help us research and curate the best resource pages offering compelling, up-to-date statistics on the publicly traded companies that we cover.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and creating outlines for in-depth resource pages containing charts, stats, and facts about publicly traded companies
- Hiring, vetting, and managing writers to write content for these resource pages
- Editing content and providing feedback to writers
- Managing the pipeline to ensure we hit our output targets
- Train virtual assistants to help with data entry for chart creation
- Occasionally jumping in and writing words in a pinch, in order to hit a target / deadline
- Basic SEO keyword research
- Checking for factual accuracy, ensuring proper adherence to format
We’re looking for an editor/content manager who:
- Has experience hiring, vetting, and managing writers
- Has strong attention to detail
- Has a good eye for compelling statistics, facts and charts
- Takes pride in their dependability - when you say you’ll do something at a certain time, you get it done
- Has content creation experience in the business / finance niche
- Has a basic understanding of SEO (ideal, but not required)
- Has experience hiring and managing virtual assistants (ideal, but not required)
What’s in it for you?
- $1000-$1500 per month for 20/hours a week, depending on your experience
- Consistent part-time income: stabilize your freelance business, or if your preference is to work part-time, you get to work with one stable employer
- Long-term work: to show our commitment, you’ll be entitled to half a month severance after your 3 month probation period
- Make a big impact in a small, but fast-growing startup
- Easy-going remote work environment: Work with an easy-going, yet performance-oriented founder on your own schedule. If you value your autonomy and take pride in your work, we’ll get along great :)
In the interest of transparency, here’s the process we’ll use to select the successful candidate:
- You apply below with answers to the questions above
- We’ll respond to candidates that pass initial screening with more details about the job
- We’ll schedule time for a 30m interview
- We'll have a chat - if it’s a good fit, we’ll assign a paid test task after the interview
- We’ll award the job to the successful candidate!
If you’re an experienced editor/content manager and this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we'd love to hear from you!