WallStreetZen is on a mission to help serious part-time investors make better long-term investment decisions by building the best stock fundamentals research site in the world.
We believe in growing our audience organically by providing value to users, and we’re looking for a committed part-time editor who can help us research and curate the best resource pages offering compelling, up-to-date statistics on the publicly traded companies that we cover.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and creating outlines for in-depth resource pages containing charts, stats, and facts about publicly traded companies
- Hiring, vetting, and managing writers to write content for these resource pages
- Editing content and providing feedback to writers
- Managing the pipeline to ensure we hit our output targets
- Train virtual assistants to help with data entry for chart creation
- Occasionally jumping in and writing words in a pinch, in order to hit a target / deadline
- Basic SEO keyword research
- Checking for factual accuracy, ensuring proper adherence to format
We’re looking for an editor/content manager who:
- Has experience hiring, vetting, and managing writers
- Has strong attention to detail
- Has a good eye for compelling statistics, facts and charts
- Takes pride in their dependability - when you say you’ll do something at a certain time, you get it done
- Has content creation experience in the business / finance niche
- Has a basic understanding of SEO (ideal, but not required)
- Has experience hiring and managing virtual assistants (ideal, but not required)
What’s in it for you?
- $1000-$1500 per month for 20/hours a week, depending on your experience
- Consistent part-time income: stabilize your freelance business, or if your preference is to work part-time, you get to work with one stable employer
- Long-term work: to show our commitment, you’ll be entitled to half a month severance after your 3 month probation period
- Make a big impact in a small, but fast-growing startup
- Easy-going remote work environment: Work with an easy-going, yet performance-oriented founder on your own schedule. If you value your autonomy and take pride in your work, we’ll get along great :)
In the interest of transparency, here’s the process we’ll use to select the successful candidate:
- You apply below with answers to the questions above
- We’ll respond to candidates that pass initial screening with more details about the job
- We’ll schedule time for a 30m interview
- We'll have a chat - if it’s a good fit, we’ll assign a paid test task after the interview
- We’ll award the job to the successful candidate!
If you’re an experienced editor/content manager and this sounds like the right opportunity for you, we'd love to hear from you!
1. Why are you a great fit for this role?
2. How do you differentiate good content from bad?
3. What is your process for hiring and vetting writers?
4. What are the most common mistakes that you see writers make? How do you address them?
5. What do you like to read on a regular basis?
6. Please link to 2-3 of your favorite pieces of work (can be your own writing, or pieces you’ve edited - but please specify)