Job Title: Part-Time Content Writer
Inshore Marketing is seeking a part-time writer with experience in researching and writing about a broad spectrum of topics that will suit the needs of captive, knowledgeable, and eager audiences.
As a writer, you will receive content assignments from the manager and editor, and you will be expected to complete the assignment within the guidelines given. Article topics can vary, but may include advice/tips posts, “best of” posts, feature articles and general website content. Other projects may be requested as the working relationship grows. Further revisions may be requested after work is submitted for review.
- Native English speaker.
- The ability to research topics that you may have little knowledge on and create unique content.
- The ability to write at least one article per week. These articles usually are about 500-1500 words each, but on occasion may require more or less. More articles may be requested (but would not be mandatory) over time.
- The ability to implement editor feedback into future writing.
- Experience writing for online venues and websites.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Can complete standard article requests within three days’ time.
- Strong research skills.
- Can take SEO concerns into consideration when writing content.
- Can keep a consistent line of communication open with managers and editors.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of how to tailor content so that it can maintain a strong social media presence.
What We Provide
- Compensation will be .06 cents per word, with potential changes made for non-standard projects.
- Tools and training necessary for the success of your writing and content for Inshore Marketing
Please Do the Following When Submitting Your Application:
- In your application please put the word “inshore writer” at the top. Applications that do not follow this step will be disregarded.
- Please include three samples of your work.
- Answer the following:
- What types of writing have you done in the past? What skill sets do you have that make you think you would be a perfect fit for Inshore Marketing?
- What is your experience with SEO?
- What is your availability to work?
- What separates your writing from the rest?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
- Submit any other information or documents that you think will be helpful in reviewing your application.
- Send your application to [email protected]
We will own the exclusive rights to any content, it must not be shared, published or appear anywhere else either in print or online without our expressed permission.