District Media, LLC seeks an experienced writer to join our content team on a part time basis. We are looking for someone to produce unique and compelling blog posts that focus on the topical concerns of everyday Americans and longer-form thematic content on financial and lifestyle topics. The candidate’s primary job will be to blog with District Media, LLC.
Our ideal coworker:
- Has experience as a journalist, freelancer or active blogger on investing and personal finance topics.
- Interest in personal finance and related topics.
- Personal experience with web publishing, content management systems and blogging are preferred. Knowledge of WordPress highly desired.
- Active consumer of online financial/market news and views.
- A professional or academic record reflecting a love of language and editorial achievement.
- Very strong organizational, editorial and communication skills.
- Knowledge and passion for investing and financial markets.
- A strong editorial understanding of web publishing and blogging protocols.
- Creative flair and willingness to experiment; flexibility amid changes in product direction.
- Patience with others joined with the ability to get things done collectively in a startup environment.
Typical assignments are $100 dollars per 500 word article.
To maintain continuity with the current editorial perspective of the site, preference will be given to applicants who write from a free market, frugal, business-oriented standpoint. Applicants with English as their first language are preferred.
(1) A quick email of one or two paragraphs describing the reason for your interest
(2) Links to your recent investment writing and web presence, if any
(3) Your resume as an attachment
For immediate consideration contact James at [email protected]