People who have not read the whole job posting will automatically disqualify.
We’re looking for an excellent writer when it comes to financial writing and SEO, to become our new Assistant Country Manager for the US market, and work with us full time.
If you’re not a top performer OR do not have the time, please do not apply.
WHO ARE WE?
We run a financial comparison website (Financer.com), currently up and running in 26 different markets. We have about 50 team members located all over the world.
This position is completely remote, but you do have the possibility to visit our offices in Cyprus if you feel so inclined.
WHAT IS THE WORK ABOUT?
In a nutshell, we do the following:
1. Price comparison. We compare prices for different financial products, such as loans, credit cards and stock brokers.
2. Reviews. We review most of the products and companies in our comparison, for example lenders and personal finance apps. Visitors can leave reviews too.
3. Financial education. We write guides and articles about personal finances, for example budgeting, investing, or getting out of debt.
As Assistant Country Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the entire market and making sure that everything is running smoothly together with the Executive Country Manager.
The goal is to be the #1 site in your market.
- Being in charge of the entire market.
- Write new content and update existing content to make sure it’s top notch (we care A LOT about quality).
- Help recruit more people to your market once needed.
- Help us further develop Financer.com with ideas and feedback.
- Researching, writing, and optimizing content for SEO. This is probably 60-70% of your work.
- Building comparisons and adding products.
- Building high quality backlinks to the website.
- Configuring the website and implementing new updates.
- Managing affiliate relationships and negotiating deals.
- Posting on social media.
- Email support for visitors.
A Country Manager later evolves into a COO and eventually a CEO as they hire their own people, and their job mostly becomes about leading a team.
In other words, your role is evolving, and your responsibilities and tasks will change with time.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a very specific type of person. Not an entrepreneur but also not just a worker bee. Let's call it an intrapreneur.
Here are some specific requirements:
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interest in finances.
- Driven by responsibility and thrive being in charge.
- Passion for learning and growing.
- Understanding of SEO, both on-page and off-page.
- Previous work experience with personal finances.
- Knowing basic HTML and how to use WordPress.
- Experience working independently.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- Pay per hour and performance bonuses.
- No fixed hours. You can work where you want and when you want.
- 50 awesome team members located all over the world – finance experts, writers, editors, designers, marketers, and developers.
- Work retreats and regular team meetups in different parts of the world.
- In-house personal coaching.
Not everyone likes our style, but the ones who do seem to really dig it.
HOW WE PAY
- Initial hourly rate of €15, increased to €20 once +90% of content you have written is receiving traffic.
- €50 bonus for every new piece of content that receives +100 organic visitors per month.
- Profit share percentage based on your market.
- Other milestone-based bonuses, such as new MacBook and other benefits.
If we feel there is a good fit, we will request a test article from you (paid). If we are satisfied, we will ask you to conduct a video interview with someone in the team.
At the final question of the application form, please select Palm Tree, so we know you read everything.
To apply, please fill this form https://forms.gle/VQySZeQiczGBCYug6