Calling attention from Water/Mountain Sports Lovers!
If you are good at water/mountain sports and love to share your passion with others via writing, then we want you!
We are looking for a native US writer who can help us to produce high-quality articles for our water/mountain sports project. We need help with these topics:
- Mountain Sports
- Skateboarding (I know this is not really water/mountain sports, but I love skateboarding, so please forgive me. lol)
I am Jamie, the project manager of this exciting project, a paddling enthusiast, and a blogger with four years of experience writing on a variety of topics.
4 years ago, I started an outdoor activities center/gears shop with my folks who are retired professional athletes and certified instructors.
This year, we decided to start a content site, to share our passion with the world.
We wanted this project to be an authority site sharing detailed and honest reviews of different gears and accessories. We’ll also provide our readers with fact-based tips and knowledge.
Everything prepared, we are super excited to kick off this project. That’s why I’m here looking for 3 - 5 freelance writers to join our team for this ongoing project that’ll last for at least two years.
Still reading? Great! Here are our requirements:
- Native US English writers only
- Professional athletes and certified instructors preferred, but if you are well experienced, we’ll also consider. Bottom line: you have the knowledge of that sports!
- Able to write engaging content in a conversational blogging style
- Can deliver 10,000 - 30,000 words per month consistently
- Good attitude, attention to detail, and other merits that A team player should have.
Feeling qualified? Awesome! Here are our offerings:
- Competitive rate from $0.05 per word, up to $0.1 per word (or even more, if you are really good).
- Opportunity to test some gears. Sometimes, our distributor will send us some free samples to test - woohoooooo!
- Working with a group of open-minded, friendly, and professional writers, editors, and athletes
- We organize guided tours, classes, so if we can cope well with each other, you may become one of our instructors (in your own area) and we will refer our clients to you!
Sounds good? Here’s how to get started: simply fill this form:
and I’ll contact you right away if you are a good fit.
Note: there are 10 questions in the form, which will take about 15 - 20 minutes to complete. I recommend you fill it on your computer.
In case you’re interested, here’s my recruitment process:
- Step 1: You fill the application.
- Step 2: I invite you to write a non-paid writing test in 150 - 200 words. Note: this is for filtering out unqualified candidates who don’t meet our writing standards.
- Step 3: I invite you to write a paid test article (according to the guideline given) at $0.05 per word.
- Step 4: We’ll have a Skype interview (don’t worry, it’s a casual one that will last for 15-20 minutes)
- Step 5: Decision-making time. I’ll send you the final offer details.
- Step 6: Team onboarding, and yeah, finally we’ll start working :)
If you have any other questions that I haven’t covered, feel free to contact me at [email protected] (note: applications sent to this email won’t be considered, use the form above).