Looking for 2 to 3 writers to produce content for the outdoor living, backyard and patio niche.
Initially, it will be writing buying guides and 'product roundups', on topics such as: Cooling, heating, lighting, garden furniture, outdoor kitchens, childrens garden toys, trampolines, hot tubs, etc. and so on.
It will then (after 3 months or so) transition into writing general information articles, the 'who, what, why, when, how to' of designing and building the ultimate outdoor cooking and entertainment area.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Native English speakers (US, UK, CA, or AUS), with very good writing skills. If English is not your strong point, please do not apply.
- Previous experience with writing buying guides and product roundups: ('Best X', or' Best for Y' type posts.)
- Ability to write in a 'friendly expert' tone of voice. Witty, personable, engaging, not overly technical or 'professional' sounding, while able to sound informed and truly teach things to people, with little fluff or waffle.
- Ability to stick to deadlines.
- Writers looking for long-term, consistent, regular and ongoing work.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must be able to commit to a MINIMUM of 10k words each month on-going, 15k to 20k is preferred (and this is long-term, on-going work.)
- Articles will be 2,500 to 4,500 words each to start (Buying guides and roundups) before moving onto 1,250 to 3,500 word 'informational articles' like how to guides for example.
- You will be given detailed briefs that contain detailed instructions for writing each article (writers often compliment us on the ease from which they can write from our briefs.)
- We will NOT be looking for 'SEO posts', click bait, listicles, or other low quality forms of content.
NOTE: The content we need requires only internet research, you will NOT be asked to do any outreach, read books, magazines or interview anyone.
- We will pay you a rate per written word for finished articles.
- You must have the ability to meet deadlines
- You must be willing to make changes based on editorial feedback (we usually find very little change is needed though, due to the detail in our briefs and writing instructions.)
- We own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way.
- We are open to accepting both ghost written work, or publishing under your own name if you have relevant authority and experience to add to a credible bio.
HOW TO APPLY:
We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!) so if any these are not included in your application, it will be deleted right away and not considered.
Please send an email to: [email protected], with the subject line: “Long term writing position application”.
We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!) so if that subject line is not used, your e-mail will be deleted right away and not considered.
In the e-mail, please include:
- Up to 3 links to buying guides / product roundups you have written before and had published. Blogs where you talk about personal experiences, personal stories and personal views aren't relevant samples.
- Your previous experience in the 'outdoor living niche' (if applicable) and what makes you ideal for this opportunity.
- How much you charge per written word of content
- How many words per month you think you can write
- Whether you would like to provide ghostwritten work, or published in your name.
- Any questions or further information you would like from me.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
If you do not include, very clearly, these 3 things, we will not reply to you!
- Previous samples of buying guides or product roundups you've written.
- Your rate, cost per word.
- How many words you can supply each month.