Looking for outdoor activity gearheads passionate about educating and entertaining beginner and enthusiast audiences through their unique writing ability.
I run a website focused on my favorite winter activity of snowboarding. The actual website is to be revealed to writers before beginning their assignments.
My immediate goal for this project is to add at least 20 snowboarding related articles ahead of the upcoming winter season. Typical articles will be around 2,000 words but may range from as little as 750 up to 4,000 words.
Qualified authors will have the opportunity to write an initial paid trial article. Additional articles are assigned at my sole discretion only to high performing writers.
For this project, you will typically be writing informational and review articles on various snowboarding equipment (boots, boards, bindings) and outerwear (pants, jackets, gloves, helmets, goggles...etc).
Writing must be unique and will be thoroughly checked for evidence of plagiarism. I am looking for entertaining well-written articles (not article spinning or SEO-type articles).
Writers are expected to write the following types of content based on detailed content templates I provide:
- Informational (educational pieces for various snowboarding related topics)
- How To (teaching pieces about how to set-up, use, and maintain your gear)
- Buying Guides (information on what buyers need to know before buying)
- Product Reviews and Comparisons (individual product reviews and “best gear for...” reviews)
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience writing on the topic of outdoor activities and equipment (actual snowboarding experience is preferred)
- Evidence of relevant previous online published work must be submitted
- Native English (United States) speakers only
- Capable of producing easy reading, well organized and formatted content that makes good use of section headers and bullet points
- Submitted content should be free of grammatical errors and should require minimal editing
- Ability to meet occasionally via Skype for training purposes (only as needed)
- Familiar with Google Drive with the ability to view, edit, create, and upload documents
- Ability to produce and format content using Google Docs and upload to a shared Google Drive
- Ability to access a shared Google Sheet to obtain specific keywords and instructions for individual articles
- Ability to follow detailed written procedures with minimal instruction
Writers with hands-on experience or significant expertise within a topic area are eligible for author credit, bio, and photo on the website. Otherwise, the work is considered to be offered as a ghostwriter.
Please complete our Writer Application Google Form to be considered.