If you’re a professional ghostwriter and a master of your craft in the contemporary romance field AND you’re looking to earn a consistent income from your sharply honed skills, read on!
We offer a great, collaborative environment and are looking to form lasting relationships with the right candidates.
We are looking for writers to produce works of between 50-60k words – BUT - We DO NOT produce quantity over quality.
We work with only amazing writers on amazing stories!
- You must have a superb command of the English language. Using fancy words and filling the page for a word count is not commanding the language — you’re just breaking under the weight of it. A good writer is someone who tells a story, efficiently, economically and elegantly enough so that anyone can understand it and enjoy the read.
- You MUST have samples of previous work in contemporary romance and provide them with your proposal. Please provide as many samples as you can - MSWORD documents only—and—Romance samples ONLY - we are looking for writers with previous experience. Any other genre will not be entertained. Knowledge of tropes and themes is essential. Being able to write detective fiction does not mean that you can write romance.
- We require our writers to stick to deadlines. If you can’t “reasonably” keep to schedule, then this isn’t for you. Ideally we are looking for writers to produce 12,500 to 15,000 words a week. Of course this will vary from writer to writer (some faster, some slower) and we are absolutely willing to accommodate lengthier milestones (within reason). Exceptions are made for exceptional writers.
- We are looking to develop good relationships with our writers as this work will be ongoing, therefore an AUDIO call (skype/facetime) is a mandatory part of the interview process. This is the kind of environment where you can always get on the line for a quick call or a chat if you have a question or an idea that you want to bounce around. If you cannot do an audio call with us, then please do not apply. We need to know who we are working with and we need people to be reachable.
- With every completed novel will be a blurb, synopsis & 5 tag lines as well as title suggestions.
- No rough drafts. Not at any point in the process - and this cannot be emphasized enough. There are good writers and bad writers - we know the difference. The work should be self edited before EACH weekly submission.
- You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Work will be completed in milestones and writers are paid by the word. The rate per word will be determined by the quality of your samples. We pay a fair rate and this will obviously climb over the duration of your tenure.
If any of these conditions seem excessive or harsh – then this is obviously not for you. If you find this opportunity exciting, then it’s because you’re exactly the kind of professional romance writer we’re looking for!
Please apply using this link:
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!