Are you a nonfiction copyeditor looking for a long-term, exciting new gig? We may have the perfect position for you!
We’re seeking exceptional nonfiction copyeditors for a copyediting/line-editing hybrid position. Responsibilities include ensuring that our books read well, are well-polished, error-free, accurate, consistent, cohesive, and complete.
- You are precise, detail-oriented and skilled in grammar and word usage.
- You are a native English speaker.
- You have editing experience.
- You use style guides when editing.
- You have open availability and can be reached throughout the day.
- You can work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
Our rate is $5 per 1,000 words. Projects range from 10K to 50K words each (average projects are 30,000 words). So, you can make good money on a single project, and with our workflow, we can keep your pipeline full of exciting projects. Once hired, you are not required to apply for or bid on jobs. Based on your capacity, jobs come to you!
Here’s an overview of editing books with our company:
- Checking for accuracy and usefulness of information (value offered to the reader).
- Correcting errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, syntax, font usage, numerals, and hyphenation.
- Rhythm, readability, and pacing.
- Writing craft: paragraph structure, sentence flow, tense, word choice, and language technique.
- Voice and style.
- Editing for consistency.
- Overall, delivering a piece that is error-free, reads well, is consistent, cohesive, and complete
You’ll be working one-on-one with writers, interacting with clients, and be a key player in each project!
We’re a large and growing ghostwriting company that produces the highest quality books in our market. Some of our clients have reached national bestseller lists (USA Today) while others run large publishing businesses.
Our brand is synonymous with the highest quality writing and an exceptional customer experience. Our client reviews are a testament to our values. We strive to deliver an even greater service by expanding our excellent team with people motivated to help make that happen. Our enjoyable work environment ensures dedication to keep writers’ and editors’ calendars full of exciting projects; therefore, providing them a steady income.
Join our collective effort to make sure every client receives an outstanding experience from start to finish. Overachievers are welcome. They are part of the reason our company has continued to grow.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to be considered for a position with us, please apply at https://airtable.com/shrGEJryl7HZq5sCC
You will be asked a number of questions, and you will be required to upload the editing test provided upon completion.
We will review your application and get back to you within 14 days.
Best of luck!
HotGhostWriter Recruitment Department
P.S. Have questions?
Contact us: [email protected]