I'm looking to hire great writers for my digital art blog.
Topics range from digital painting to traditional drawing, 3D animation/rendering, CG/VFX and most other forms of visual art(digital & traditional).
About The Content
All writing be informational content to start. Examples include articles that explain art terms, some listicles/resources for artists, and maybe some opinion pieces.
Here's a small sample of topics I need covered:
- 2D digital painting tips/software(Krita, PS, Gimp)
- 3D modeling tips/software(3DS Max, ZBrush, Maya)
- Traditional drawing & painting techniques
- All forms of animation(tips, resources, guides)
- Writeups about artists, museums, and the art industry
Writing needs to be engaging and easy to read. I can provide writing guidelines to follow but I can't teach you how to write in an engaging format--that's something I hope you'll know or pick up!
Please note: this writing does not require you to make artwork.
You'll simply be writing about art related topics. If you have a background in 2D/3D art that is a huge plus, however it's not required to have much art experience if you can research topics in detail & present engaging content very clearly.
Most articles will range between 800-2000 words with some articles requiring 3000-4000 words.
The Ideal Writer
As mentioned above you do not need an art portfolio to apply and you do not need to create any artwork for this job.
However if you do have an art portfolio that is a huge bonus.
Ideally anyone applying should have an art portfolio or a writing portfolio(or both!). You can submit a handful of samples or share your website link, but candidates who apply without any work(writing or art) will likely be ignored.
The ideal candidate would have these skills:
- Ability to research and compile information
- Break down topics into an easy-to-read style
- Very engaging writing style; no robot writing
- Some existing knowledge of art topics(2D/3D)
- Able to follow writing guidelines
- Able to deliver content ON TIME or communicate in advance if articles will be late
About This Job
I am looking to bring on writers longterm who can produce content monthly following specific writing guidelines covering almost all topics related to art(2D & 3D).
Starting rate is $0.05 per word and I can increase that rate for great writers.
If I like your sample portfolio work(writing or artwork) I'll send you a test article at 1000 words($50). If that goes well then we can try a batch of monthly work and see how that goes.
If you can deliver quality content on time over a trial of 1-2 months(you will be paid) then I'll be thrilled to bring you on as a monthly writer.
How To Apply
Please use the form below to apply.
Your application message should include at least the following items:
- A little about you & your experience with art
- Any topics you might specialize in(ex: animation, 3D modeling, Blender, ZBrush, digital painting, oil painting etc.)
- Examples of your work either writing or artwork(or both). Applications with no work samples will likely be ignored.
- Please start your message with "I read the full job." so I know who actually read this far.
Thanks for your time & if you have any questions feel free to ask.