What we're looking for
Do you consider yourself a WordPress enthusiast? Do you have experience writing about WordPress products? If you answered yes to both, we want to hear from you!
If you answered yes to these questions, then read on.
My name is Akshay Hallur I run BloggingX.com, a blog for bloggers, and also we publish WordPress and WordPress product reviews.
We're looking for an expert SEO WordPress writer who can help us expand our site.
Over the years, we've seen great success with the site in Google rankings and traffic, and we'd like to keep it growing. We’ve been working with various content writers consistently over years. However, we want to bring on someone who is a WordPress freak to scale up the game.
We have a large backlog of content ideas that we're ready to start producing. The majority of these are commercial articles so you will need to be proficient in product selection and in-depth research.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to write about the thing you love most - WordPress!
You'll be covering a these topics:
- WordPress themes and comparisons (like say Astra vs GeneratePress)
- WordPress plugin reviews (say Cartflows review)
- WordPress tutorials
Some product reviews to refer to:
We need an expert for this - no fakers, please!
Unless you have a passion for WordPress, I'm afraid this will not work for you. Please include "I'm in" in your application if you've read so far and believe you're the perfect fit.
You must have high-quality research skills with a detail-oriented approach to be able to provide factually correct, unique, and helpful insights to our readers.
Still reading? Great!
The opportunity to produce awesome content while working alongside like-minded, passionate people is too good for any creative professional. We'll give you all of the tools and training necessary so that your work can flow freely with minimal bottlenecks!
You'll also get to be part of an exciting, growing project with a bright future and for which we have big plans in the pipeline.
- Must have at least 3+ years of writing experience.
- Must have WordPress writing samples.
- Ability to incorporate copywriting in the content. For example, you need to be able to map the features of the product to benefits effectively.
- Must be a Native/Bilingual English speaker.
- Experienced SEO content writer.
- Able to carry out in-depth and high-quality research using the tools.
- Excellent writing style with no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Must have a genuine passion for the WordPress niche.
- Having a mindset of being open to feedback and aiming for continuous improvement. We believe in aggregation of marginal gains and paying attention to details.
- Stick to the flexible deadlines and that we set together.
- Write high-quality WordPress product reviews on the weekly basis (atleast 5,000 words).
- Writing process:
- Research and outlining - You’ll be provided a macro-level outline of the blog post (sometimes along with recorded videos for more clarity), based on that you need to research and prepare an outline for the article.
- Writing - You need to start writing the article on Google Docs, in a folder you share with you.
- First submission - You need to share with us the Google Docs link to the article.
- Revisions - We’ll be offering suggestions upon reviewing the write-up.
- Final draft - Based on the suggestions, you’ll be improving the article and finally submitting the revised article.
- You get to write about WordPress!
- Competitive freelance rates (at 3-5 cents per word). An article will be 2000+ words.
- Consistent workload every week: 5,000+ words
- Flexible deadlines.
- Stable work as part of a team that believes in continuous improvement. We believe in long term iterative games with long term people.
- Regular feedback to help you improve your writing.
- A fairly detailed blog post outline will be given.
- You don’t need to publish the blog posts.
- Work from home/anywhere.
Our hiring process
- We receive your application
- Invite qualified candidates will do a test paid article (about 500-700 words)
- Review the test article
- We’ll be making a decision to hire you
After reading this page completely, ONLY if you feel you’re the right person for this project, fill the below application form