We are a life insurance company looking for a writer who is highly experienced in writing in the insurance industry and is well versed in life insurance terms and details.
Our ideal writer has the capacity to write technical, research-backed blog posts in a conversational and entertaining way. S/He will be to help readers understand sometimes confusing information in a simple way.
- Able to write in a conversational tone
- Able to distill complex ideas in a simple way (decrease or explaining jargon, etc)
- Informative (must be able to research and cite to quality sources and sites)
- Have personality in your writing style
- Able to use a tone and voice is to be conversational but factual, as we will be speaking as the authority in the space
- Able to write 1,000 - 1,500 word blog posts around one concept without filler content
- Able to self-edit for grammar/tone
We want blog posts written with 1000-1500 words. The target audience is a tech-savvy consumer who is used to making online purchases and using devices/apps to manager their banking/finances and other aspects of daily life.
Please send over at least 2 articles that you feel are closest to the writing style we like. If you don’t have any but are certain you can write in that style, send a paragraph with your email with the tone we are looking for please.
In your introduction paragraph, please state your specific experience in writing for the insurance industry or writing technical blog posts.