Hey there, my name is Gloria, co-founder of a fast-growing video production blog. Our mission is to help people, especially newbies find a variety of tips, tricks, reviews & resources for learning how to make their very first video.
Currently we are hiring a writer that can produce high-quality photography gear reviews content and help us grow our site.
Here are some examples of the quality that we're looking for::
This is a long-term position. You will start with 3~4 blog posts (3,000 to 4,000 words ) on a weekly basis, with much room to grow beyond this if you can deliver consistent quality work.
Your responsibility includes:
- You'll be assigned topics by me and given a submission deadline. Then you will have to research further on the topics and come up with a rough outline for the post. Once it’s confirmed you can start writing content that provides real value, not a rehash of what you googled on the topic.
- Preferably, you know how to dig into scientific research and studies to produce better and more accurate information.
- Our content typically consist of best photography gear reviews, product comparisons, and other types of blog posts (buying guides, how-tos..)
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professional writing experience: At least 1 year of working experience as a writer for blogs or informational websites.
- Technical know-how: we'd expect our contributors to have excellent knowledge on the topics (photography gear) they're covering.
- Reliability: Can you work independently, anticipate the needs of our readers, and hit every deadline? Must be able to show examples of your previous work.
- A passion for Photography is a plus.
- Excellent written English, including good spelling and grammar.
How To Apply
I do not need CVs, instead please answer the following questions (Please send your answers to g[email protected] and make sure your subject is "I know a lot about photography"):
- Please provide at least 2~3 articles you feel are closest to the writing style we like. If you don’t have any but are certain you can write in that style, send a paragraph within your email using the tone we are looking for
- I need links to your blog/Twitter/Quora/etc. Profiles (if you have)
- Your background and experience with photography, tell us why you are a good fit for this position
- What’s your rate per 1,000 words?