We’re currently looking for writers with expertise in mountaineering, hiking and skiing.
Applicants should have real-world or strong editorial experience in one or more of these, including but not limited to:
- At least 2 years experience as a mountaineer
- Significant experience writing on mountaineering, hiking or other outdoors topics
Other useful experience would include:
- Having written a substantial amount of product reviews
- 2+ years of experience writing online articles
AlpInsider was created by a group of experienced mountaineers who wanted to help aspiring alpinists get into the mountains. This is our way of giving back to the mountaineering community.
You can learn more about us at alpinsider.com.
AlpInsider writers are responsible for producing high-quality and informative written content for alpinsider.com (with potential to work on our other outdoor brands). Writers are responsible for creating content around outdoor equipment and helpful guides.
Requirements: SEO copywriting, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors is also essential.
Advantages of Working with AlpInsider
- Write on a wide variety of topics in your field.
- Work closely with editors who will help you level up your craft and learn industry best practices.
- Access to a streamlined working platform.
- Ability to self-assign articles.
- Expectations provided in advance, usually with a template or comprehensive brief, minimising revisions and turn-around time.
- Ongoing Slack support from a friendly team to resolve queries regarding topics, article specifics, briefs and guidelines, etc.
- Possibilities to progress within the company over time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce high-quality, well-researched articles
- Revise articles in response to editor feedback
- Watch relevant Slack channels for notifications and updates
- Raise issues encountered in completing work in appropriate Slack channels
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Native-level English
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills and ability to identify appropriate and credible sources
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SEO writing knowledge and/or experience
- Familiarity with a range of online article formats and styles, such as blogs posts, product reviews, feature articles, technical guides, and how-to articles
- Ability to closely follow & apply style guidelines and briefs
- Versatility in adapting tone and style in line with target audience
- Willingness to respond positively to constructive feedback from editors
- Strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- Resourcefulness and proactivity in seeking solutions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable using collaboration software (i.e., Google Workspace; Slack)