Militarycrashpad.com is looking for a Military Housing Blogger to join our team focused on providing housing for military members and their families.
The candidate must possess solid editing and writing skills, the ability to write clever headlines, produce high-quality content, and the ability to work under tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects. The ideal candidate has prior military service and experience writing about the real estate market, personal finance, and credit and loan requirements.
The candidate should also be passionate about multi-media storytelling, in the form of both photography and video. Knowledge and experience of social media, online metrics and analytics, and a comfort with content management systems are all things we are looking for as well.
We are a brand new editorial team, and a positive, service before self-attitude is a must. The job requires the skills, experience, and passion for writing and editing for a military audience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong patriotic attitude and have strong knowledge and interest in everything that goes along with improving and educating the lives of veterans.
- Produce written content for the military audience across Military Crashpad
- Articles will be geared towards military members and their families in the fields of housing, real estate, mortgages, real estate trends and markets, renting, buying
- Write and edit articles
- Write attention-grabbing, SEO-friendly headlines and teasers
- Find/edit images to accompany articles
- Create and manage editorial calendars and sourcing strategy
- Manage content on website in adherence to editorial calendar
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong writing and editing skills; meticulous grammar and spelling abilities
- Excellent editorial judgment
- Experience with social media
- Understanding of SEO best practices and principles
- Minimum 1 - 2 years’ experience in publishing—Internet, magazine, and/or newspaper
- Experience/interest in topics: military, real estate, personal finance, personal credit, mortgage-related issues
- Working knowledge of WordPress
$20 an article for a minimum of 4 articles a month (1 article a week)
$30 for videos