Think you have the perfect combination of geek knowledge and writing skills? We’re looking for experienced Microsoft Excel writers to join our team (part-time or freelance).
We are looking for experienced freelance writers to cover Microsoft Excel. In particular, we need people who are comfortable writing about the basics and some of Excel’s more advanced features — formulas, charts, PivotTables, conditional formatting, filters, and so on.
We are not looking for tech news writers. We’re looking for people to write tips, how-to articles, and explainers about Microsoft Excel.
- You must be a geek at heart, always looking to learn more about technology and make your gadgets work better.
- You must be able to write tips, how-to articles, and explainers that are clear and easy to understand, even to non-experts.
- You must have solid English writing skills.
- You should have some basic screenshot and image editing chops. HTML skills are a plus.
- You must have a copy of Microsoft Excel installed on your computer (preferably Windows).
Here are some Excel articles to give you an idea of what we’re looking for regarding quality and depth:
- How to Create Custom Templates in Excel
- How to Highlight a Row in Excel Using Conditional Formatting
- How to Restrict Data Input in Excel with Data Validation
- How to use VLOOKUP in Excel
How to Apply
Please apply online and include the following:
- Your name
- Any previous experience you have with writing and blogging about Microsoft Excel
- Whether or not you are currently employed and what you do if you are
- How many hours per week you can spend on this project
- Your rate per word or per article
- Most Important: We want a writing sample. If you have previous writing to showcase, particularly of the how-to or explainer variety, include a link.
We don’t have normal office hours or even an office, so you can be located anywhere — this is strictly a telecommuting job.