If you’re a writer and want to reach a large audience of people interested in mental health, we hope you'll consider blogging for us. We are looking for mental health bloggers (paid contract positions) only in the following areas:
- Treating anxiety
- Binge eating disorder
- Bipolar and young adults
- Building self-esteem
- Coping with depression
- Depression and young adults
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Getting through tough times
- Parenting a child with a mental illness
- Living a blissful life
- Living with adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Mental health and youth
- Family members with mental illness
- Borderline personality disorder
- Recovering from mental illness
- Relationships and mental illness
- Eating disorders
- Mental health stigma
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning issues
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Work and bipolar or work and depression
- Verbal abuse in relationships
Note: You must choose one or more of the above subject areas and you must have lived experience with that topic.
Here are the requirements:
- We are looking for people with lived experience and a depth of knowledge in their topic.
- Your real name and picture will be placed on the blog. You may not post as “anonymous.”
- You must be 21 or over.
- You must be a technically proficient writer who can write compelling, original content. To give you an example of what we consider to be good writing, please see here and here.
- You need to be able to speak out on topics relating to your subject and be willing to share pertinent, personal experiences.
- You must do videos. All bloggers are required to do at least one video blog post a month.
- You must be able to promote your blog via your website, Facebook, Twitter, and so on.
- You must be able to respond appropriately to reader comments.
- You must be willing to make a one-year commitment to blogging with us.
- You need to be reliable and self-motivated.
- You must be able to use a blogging platform and knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) is a plus.
If you are interested and have what it takes, please send us an email (info [AT] healthyplace [DOT] com, subject header: blogger position) with the following:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- The chosen blog topic (one or more from the above list)
- A summary of who you are, your writing experience, any blogging or website experience, your motivation for doing this, and what you might have to offer to our readers
- A link to your current blog or site (if you have one)
- A 350-400 word sample blog post on your desired topic as a Word document attachment; this must be included to be considered
- Links to your social media accounts
Please understand it can take up to a month to process your application due to the number of applications we receive. We appreciate your time and interest and look forward to hearing from you.