Online security retailer and VPN service provider Private Internet Access (PIA) is looking for a Managing Editor for its blog of news, stories, how-tos, and thought-provoking articles about digital privacy and online freedom.
As the Managing Editor, you’ll be responsible for the overall operations of the blog – from strategic planning to day-to-day operations to managing a small content team. You’ll work under the direction of the Head of Content and take responsibility for the blog’s content as a whole.
You’ll need to wear a few hats – writer, editor, and content manager. You’ll need to be able to consistently write new posts, edit and give feedback on others’ posts, and operate the entire production cycle, from idea to published piece, across the entire team. And you’ll need to be able to take and implement feedback, adapt quickly, and make things happen with minimal supervision.
- Create content calendar and regulate posting schedule
- Oversee and run day-to-day operations of content strategy and production
- Audit old content and refresh content where necessary
- Manage and train content writers and editors
- Research and suggest topics for content creation
- Write, edit, review, and approve submissions to blog
- Develop and execute content strategy across multiple cybersec verticals
- Organize blog structure and optimize where needed
- Ensure brand voice is consistent among all blog output
- Drive blog growth organically and in coordination with other content/marketing efforts
- Take responsibility for entirety of blog production and maintenance
- Skilled English writer and/or editor
- Organized and structured
- Good at problem solving
- Ability to take initiative
- Understanding of how to overcome limitations in a production environment
- Good with project management
- Able to execute multiple simultaneous ideas
- Able to manage a small team of content creators
- Experience managing and scaling mid-size blog (preferably for a popular brand)
- Understanding of content marketing
- Ability to understand and analyze traffic data and trends
- Proactive ability to start projects with minimal supervision
- Understanding of/willingness to learn about cybersec topics
Note that this is not a beginner position. There will need to be a quick understanding of a very competitive niche and you’ll have to take a lot of initiative with minimal oversight. If you’ve not had relevant experience before, you won’t be able to perform the role, so please don’t apply for this position. For experienced editors and content managers, this is an excellent opportunity to create impactful work that reaches a global audience on behalf of one of the brands that helped carve out the digital privacy and online freedom niche.
Also note that this is currently a freelance position, though a long-term relationship is expected and can lead to full employment if desired.
If you’re interested in applying, please fill out this form: https://form.jotform.com/212637599529168
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch!