Founded in 2016, TheAdultMan.com is a rapidly growing men’s style and lifestyle website that proudly serves over 650,000 monthly readers. Our average reader is male, 25-34 years old, and lives in California.
Our goal is our passion---to build the premier online destination for discerning men interested in becoming better versions of themselves. To rise to this lofty ambition, our core philosophy guides us on everything we do---to create truly epic content that is authentic, informative, and memorable.
As a team, we’re proud of our fun, entrepreneurial culture with a focus on helping each other learn and grow. We invest in world class courses and training for our team members to help facilitate your individual career goals. In our view, when it comes to online marketing, everything is always evolving and nothing is set in stone.
Following strong growth through 2020 and 2021, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Managing Editor to join The Adult Man team on a 40-hour per week basis as an independent contractor.
You’ll play a pivotal role in researching, assigning, and formatting content to be published on TheAdultMan.com. You’ll use industry standard keyword research tools to identify excellent content opportunities, assign new content to be written by our team of talented content creators, edit the content once produced, and make use of the latest SEO tactics to finalize the format of new articles, as well as update previously published content.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assigning new content to be written by our team of writers;
- Editing produced content;
- Using keyword research tools and SEO-knowledge to identify top content opportunities;
- Finalizing the formatting of new articles in WordPress for publication including copywriting, on-page SEO, and visual media sourcing;
- Writing product descriptions and sales copy;
- Conducting content audits and finding and executing opportunities to update and improve old content;
- Managing the CRM (ClickUp) and keeping it up to date as a true source of reference.
This is a 40-hour per week fully remote contract role in which you’ll be paid an hourly rate. As an extra layer of variety, you may also perform the above duties for other websites in our men’s style portfolio.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Supreme attention to detail and organization;
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills, and a genuine passion for the written word;
- Demonstrated WordPress and SEO experience including keyword research and on-page SEO;
- The ability to work creatively to identify trends and patterns in content and data;
- A strong drive and a willingness to learn, develop new skills, and contribute as an integral part of a close-knit team;
- Experience performing keyword research in Ahrefs;
- An interest in men’s style and lifestyle;
- Experience with ClickUp and Google Docs is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Candidates with experience managing their own WordPress blog end to end are highly encouraged to apply.
What You’ll Get
You’ll play a key role in the growth of our organization and take on new challenges as our fun and vibrant team expands. To ensure your success, you’ll receive in-depth initial and ongoing training and access to world-class paid tools and systems.
You’ll also enjoy tremendous work/life balance in this fully remote role and the ability to set your own working hours across the working week.
Sounds Like You?
We’d love to hear from you. Please apply for confidential discussion.