Longstanding digital marketing company looking for an experienced managing editor to lead a small writing staff to create amazing, helpful content that is also SEO optimized.
Currently, we run an auto enthusiast ecommerce brand and are looking to create ongoing content for this brand that is SEO optimized and also "sksyscraper" type guides that will attract backlinks and traffic.
Additionally, we have a fast growing content site that publishes around 15 articles a month, and we need a managing editor to optimize and publish articles to this wordpress site.
We are a small digital marketing company based in Brooklyn, NY and this role would be part-time, but very ongoing and should transition into a full-time role. Please don't apply if looking for just a few part time hours - we want someone that is looking to grow with us as we continue to launch brands and content.
This will transition from a mostly an editing role, to more of a managerial role helping organize and create processes for our various brands.
This role would include:
- Managing Content Calendar & Working with Writers to Keep on Schedule
- Editing Articles to Optimize for Easier Reading
- Optimizing Articles & Images for SEO using software, tools, own expertise
- 3+ Years experience of SEO Editing
- 3+ Publishing on and Working with WordPress
- 3-5+ Years of SEO experience using various softwares/techniques/research to best optimize articles for search, and holistically ensuring articles don't overlap SEO efforts to cannibalize rankings.
Optional, But Ideal:
- Basic design experience (optional) / would help with adding unique images and simple graphics into articles.
- Expertise or interest in autos and/or pest control
We have one piece of content (roughly 3,500 words) that needs editing for a separate project. This will be used as an initial test - you will be optimizing the article for a main KW with limited instruction on how to best outline the article with SEO queries and paraphrases.
If interested, please respond with your relevant work, portfolio items, and why you would consider yourself a perfect fit for this role.
We look forward to discussing this opportunity with you!