Homemadely, a brand new publication is looking for a managing editor.
You will lead a team of editors and writers, overseeing daily operations, and managing timelines, ensuring on-time delivery of content to our readers. You will work closely with Executive Editor to create and improve style guidelines and editorial calendar.
- Hire, onboard, and manage team of editors and writers
- Ensure on-time delivery of content
- Be the gatekeeper for all content
- Create and improve our publishing calendar
- Work closely with social media manager to plan promotions
- Work closely with design team to bring concepts and ideas to life
- 2+ years experience of running a website in a senior editorial role with multiple writers
- Experience with WordPress CMS
- An understanding of SEO and applying it to day-to-day writing
- An understanding of basic social media marketing, especially Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Basic knowledge of image editing
- Strong planning and time management skill
- Passionate about DIYs and crafts, food, wellness, home decor, cleaning, and organization
We're a small and growing team with a website that reaches over 1,000,000 people in the US per every month. With our second project, Homemadely, we hope to inspire people who are passionate about everything homemade—from food recipes, DIY and craft projects, beauty and wellness products, and home decor and organization ideas.
This is a freelance job with flexible working hours from home. You can expect 10-20 hours work per week with $10-25 per hour of compensation, which will increase in the future as the site grows.