Are you a dog trainer or work in the pet industry? Or maybe you’re just a dog lover who has content skills? We want to hire you!
At K9 of Mine, we’re dedicated to helping owners better care for their four-legged friends through epic, high-quality content on every dog-related topic under the sun.
We're looking for writers (and YouTube-ers as well) who can help us expand our editorial section!
Our writers cover a variety of article topics, from reviewing the best dog gear products to answering behavior questions. If you’re a skilled writer who owns a dog (or even just loves dogs), this could be for you!
- Flexible contract work – work whenever you want from home, with weekly deadlines. New writers can expect 1-2 articles per week, with potential for more assignments as well as flexible deadlines.
- Competitive freelance rate – Pay is .04 – .06 cents per word depending on experience, qualifications, and expertise (certified trainers, groomers, or other industry specialists are on the higher end of that scale). Our articles are generally 1.5 – 2.5k words long, so you’re looking at $50 – $150 per article.
- Work with an experienced remote team, with editors who can help you improve your craft.
- Extensive writing guidelines, examples, and templates will be provided.
- Get a killer byline – Work for one of the top dog care sites on the web, with your byline included on all your articles.
- 3+ years writing experience, with preference to those with experience writing online content
- Must have writing samples - ideally related to dogs or pets - that you can send
- Native English speaker
- Personality – we’re aiming for an informative but friendly tone. Let your voice shine, we want to see YOU in your writing!
- Experience working in the pet industry is preferred but not required
Types of Articles You’ll Write:
- Training Guides (show owners how to train their dogs and teach them valuable skills)
- Product Round-ups (review several products in a given category - treat pouches, for example - detailing the key features and the benefits/disadvantages of each product)
- How-To Guides (Explaining to readers how to trim their dog’s nails, wash their dog’s fur, etc).
- Breed Guides (Discuss different types of Dachshunds, what colors Labrador Retrievers come in, etc)
- & More!
Each article we publish goes through a rigorous editorial process where we check claims for accuracy. Our readers trust us with their safety of their four-legged pals, and we take that responsibility seriously. Please keep this in mind, as extensive edits are quite normal in the early months as we ensure you’re up to snuff!
Feel free to check out the site to get a better sense of the quality we are looking for. Also note that writers are not required to do any web formatting or design.
How to Apply:
- Send an email to ben(at)k9ofmine(dot)com with your name, pet-related experience, any writing or video background you have, and provide at least 2 samples of relevant articles you have written or published in your application.
- We’ll review your application. Once we’ve received your application, if we decide to move forward, you’ll get a paid test assignment to complete.
- We’ll make our final selection. Based on how the paid test assignment goes, we’ll choose to add you to the team! Even if you don’t make the cut this time, we’ll keep your info on hand if we expand further in the future.