Are you passionate about the game of airsoft? Wanna share that passion with the world, and help new players cut through the wall of retailer-sponsored opinions with honest, well-written, and concise airsoft gun reviews?
Orange Tip Tactical is looking for you! We’re a newer blog, but we’ve been around the block for a hot minute. Just like many of you, we think the scene is way overdue for a review blog run by actual players - not airsoft retailers.
Some of us come from the speedsoft / speedqb background, some of us are techs, and some of us are milsim players that enjoy sleeping in fighting holes with our friends for 40 hours at a time - but the important thing is that we’re all nerds - because there’s nothing worse than an airsofter that takes themselves too seriously.
Let’s talk about you!
Our ideal candidate probably:
- Is active in their local airsoft communities. You attend games (as much as is possible during *these trying times*, obviously) and are the antithesis of the dreaded ‘chairsofter’.
- You know what you’re talking about. Your opinions are based on experience and carefully-crafted know-how that only comes from a years of plastic slinging experience.
- You’re capable of condensing your experience and knowledge down into digestible chunks that less-experienced players aren’t going to struggle too much with. We all know this hobby is choked with acronyms - how well can you break it down for the everyman?
- You’ve got at least a basic working knowledge of AEG mechboxes and internal components. We don’t expect you to be a professional tech per se, but you should understand how and why your gun shoots when you pull the trigger, and be capable of discussing both stock internals and upgrade components alike.
- You’re capable of objectively reviewing both how a gun performs while also talking about how it might be used in gameplay, what environments or situations it might be useful in, whether it’s more geared for speedsoft or milsim environments - so on and so forth! Context is king.
- You’ve got a sense of humor and a reasonable level of social skills. As mentioned, we’re very self-aware nerds who’s entire tone is both casual and pretty tongue-in-cheek, and you should be too! Please don’t be weird.
If you’d like to apply, please do the following:
- Look at this article and make note of the second listed airsoft rifle
- Apply at [email protected] using the name of that rifle as the subject line (we’re not looking at Problogger)
- Share 3 of your best articles
- Share your photography skills
- List relevant courses and credentials
- Tell us your recommended price per word
Alright, that’s it. Looking forward to hearing from you and happy shooting.