Words By Birds is looking to expand its team of ghostwriters. We are a content and copywriting agency that provides quality content to WordPress businesses.
What we need
We're looking for a talented ghostwriter who has a solid digital background and can knock up great blog posts about all things WordPress and web development.
This is an ongoing opportunity to join a small and growing team to write long-form articles around 1500-2500 words each about:
- WordPress - tutorials, guides, how-tos, and listicles aimed at the developer crowd.
- Web development - tutorials and articles about website performance and optimization, hosting, and PHP, focusing on WordPress development.
Bonus points if you’re knowledgable about WooCommerce and can write tutorials, how-tos, and in-depth posts about WooCommerce development (not simply implementation—I’m on the look out for someone with coding knowledge).
Ideal applicants must:
- Have a solid background and hands-on experience with working with a self-hosted WordPress website.
- Have written about WordPress or web development before and have several portfolio samples.
- Have excellent research skills and be able to attribute sources throughout your writing.
- Have excellent native English that’s engaging and a pleasure to read. We want your personality to shine through in your writing, but we also don't want to see errors, typos, grammatical mistakes, or poor word choices. We just want flawless copy.
- Be able to come up with original content ideas and provide in-depth and genuine insight. However, you’ll also have plenty of opportunities to pick from provided topics.
- Be reliable, dedicated, and available to write at least four posts monthly. If we really like the quality of your work, there'll be opportunities to write much more.
- Be ready to start immediately. We’ve got work for you right now!
- Be in it for the long-term. We’re not looking for one-off writers—we want people we can rely on for at least six months and longer to be part of our team.
Why write for us?
- Work from home or your favorite cafe.
- Get paid within two business days of submitting completed work.
- We’ll keep in touch via email—no boring meetings.
- Flexible work. Work to your own schedule.
How to apply
Click the “Apply” below and fill out the form to apply. We’re ready to start ASAP so we’ll make a decision on your application within the next three business days.