Looking for writers for a new small business resource site. The ideal candidate will have a passion and background in small business/entrepreneurship, understand on-site SEO, be able to problem-solve and work independently, write unique, compelling content, and meet deadlines.
A new site with one mission: provide the most accurate software, product, and service reviews along with compelling and thorough small business/entrepreneurship resources. We’re not looking for boilerplate content -- we’re looking for unique, friendly, professional, and accessible writing on topics like “the small business guide to email marketing” “content marketing for small businesses” “how to start X business” “an overview of small business/startup loans” and so on. Got a topic idea? Feel free to pitch it. We want you to be just as enthused, after all.
Skilled writers who are:
- knowledgeable and passionate about business/entrepreneurship
- able to explain technical concepts to a general audience
- able to provide a unique take on the “same old” business topics
- understands the basics when it comes to SEO
- committed (nay, obsessive) about quality, accuracy, and attention to detail in their work
- deadline driven - we're a business, you're not writing the Great American Novel
- willing to work how we ask - we're pretty laid back, but we have a system that works for us and we expect you to follow it
Sidebar: Deadlines are really important to us. The number of freelancers who seem to have heart attacks and tragic car accidents the night before a deadline is something of a medical anomaly. If you can't make deadlines, or you're a chronic procrastinator, DON'T APPLY, please.
Who we're looking for:
- Native English speakers.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Basic technical skills
- Ability to work on their own
If you have the skills, we'll pay the bills. We're a fully remote team, from the islands of East Asia, to the mountains of South America, to the windswept plains of Middle America. We use Asana, Google Docs, and other fun technologies to keep our team in touch. We don't care when or where you work (as long as you meet deadlines, obviously). We have a strong preference for writers who can deliver a high quality and quantity of work. Some of our writers do 10k words a week. We pay every 2 weeks, via PayPal, Wire Transfer, Chase QuickPay, and even Xoom.com
To apply, please send a brief cover letter, relevant writing samples, and a basic intro to the topic “Small Business Guide to Email Marketing” to [email protected]