We run four tech websites - Help Desk Geek, Online Tech Tips, Backroom Tech and Switching To Mac. One of the things we are focusing on at the moment is hiring good quality writers.
Are you an experienced tech writer looking for more work? If so, email your application to the managing editor, Mark O'Neill, at [email protected] Perfect English skills is absolutely essential for this job, as well as an extreme familiarity with all things tech and internet.
You should be able to explain things in a concise easy-to-understand way, as well as take good quality screenshots, work with minimal supervision, be familiar with Slack and Trello, and produce high-quality work which requires minimal editing.
The pay will start at 10 cents per word with future opportunities for pay raises and more opportunities when you prove your talents. Please only apply if :
- you can commit to doing a minimum 2-3 articles a week (between 500-1000 words),
- you are willing to stay with us for the long-term,
- you can stick to deadlines,
- you are a team player,
- you have relevant published clips to show us. By published clips, we mean published on the website that commissioned the article. Not ghostwritten links, Google Drive links or Blogger links. The links should also be about tech - NOT ANY OTHER SUBJECT.
- you are willing to write a trial no-obligation article (which will be paid).
If we decide to proceed with your application, we will get in touch. If you don't hear from us, then we have decided not to hire you.