Looking for knowledgeable and creative writers to produce content for a website focusing on all topics surrounding babies and motherhood, including (but not limited to):
* Breastfeeding and breast pumping
* Baby sleep
* Baby health and safety
* Bottle feeding
* And more …
2) WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
This is a long-term and on-going opportunity where we’re looking for writers who are able to produce anything from 3000 to 10,000 words each per month (depending on your availability and our content needs).
There's potential for this to increase (if you want it to) once you're well integrated into the team and get the hang of things.
Individual articles will be anything from 1500 words to 4000 words each, so we’d be looking for people who can create anything from 2 to 6 pieces each per month. (Again, potential for more work if you want it to once you've integrated into the flow of things).
3) WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal applicant will have in depth knowledge about babies and motherhood, due to extensive first hand experience being a parent or caregiver dealing with babies and related topics.
However, excellent research skills and a personality that shines through in writing is more important and can be as important (if not more important) than first hand experience, as long as you can produce quality, long form content that is accurate, information rich and has personality.
Regardless, excellent research skills is a must! All content must have links out to authoritative sources of information from within the text to back up important points made.
Content will only require internet research - you don't need to do any outreach, you don't need to read any books or magazines, and you don't need to do any interviews for this.
You would need to have an engaging, witty voice, able to relate to and entertain readers while being highly informative and able to truly teach and give over useful information in a friendly, entertaining way.
So a ‘friendly expert’ is the tone of voice we are looking for throughout the site.
We only focus on publishing high quality, well-researched useful content, aiming to be the best content on the web for each article produced.
We will provide detailed instructions and topic briefs for each article, while also leaving plenty of room for your own input and creativity.
- We will pay you a rate per written word
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to make changes based on editorial feedback (we usually find very little change is needed though due to the detail in our briefs and writing instructions.)
- We own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way. However, if published in your name, we cannot make any changes to the content either (without your permission.)
- We're ideally looking for ghost written work, but are open to publishing under your own name if this is how you roll and have relevant authority and experience to add to a credible bio.
5) HOW TO APPLY: (Applications which don't follow all the steps will be disregarded)
1) Please send an email to: [email protected] with the subject line: "Ready To Write About Babies!"
2) Include the following:
- Your previous experience and what makes you ideal for this opportunity (If you don't have any experience in this space, don't shy away - we're looking for you as well if you have excellent research skills and a beautiful way with words).
- Links to 3 examples of relevant work you have previously had published.
- How much you charge per word for written content
- How many words per month you think you can write
- Any questions or further information you would like from me.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
All the best