I have websites in different topics and looking for native English writers, who have first-hand experience in:
- DIY and home improvement projects, specifically on how to build things, fix things, repair things, etc.
- Interior / exterior painting, paints, stains, sealers, wood finishing, etc.
Only freelancers located in the U.S. or Canada may apply.
*** Description ***
Articles will be:
- Educational / informational content
- Question / Answer articles
- How-to guides and DIY tutorials
- Product reviews
Some examples of the topics, mostly about decks, patios, outdoor structures (greenhouses, pergolas, fences), etc :
- How to build a chicken coop
- Which direction should my greenhouse face?
- How to Remove Paint from Wooden Floors
- How to Prepare Walls for Painting Efficiently
You will have to research other websites, forums and blogs.
I only focus on publishing high quality, well-researched useful content, aiming to be the best content on the web for each article produced.
The articles will be anything from 1200 to 3000 words, with most aiming to be between 1500 and 2500 words. Some pilar articles may be much longer (>4000 words).
The ideal applicant will have in-depth real-life experience in
- DIY / Home Improvement, construction topics
- Painting techniques, paints, sealers, stains, etc
You need to have an eye for details.
Regardless, excellent research skills is a must!
I urge people who have no or little writing experience but have worked a long time as a (or within)
- home improvement area, DIY or construction in general, contractor or carpenter etc.
- painter by trade
The project is for many articles, but we will start in an evaluation period by doing one article (1200-1500 words).
*** Requirements ***
Previous REAL experience (building something) with general Home Improvement, DIY or construction projects is a must.
Native English speaker based in the US or Canada
Excellent grammar and spelling - you MUST proofread and grammar check all your writing.
Ability to do technical writing as well as descriptive writing.
Ability to create engaging, easy-to-understand content.
Great research, organizational, and learning skills.
Must follow my writing documentation/instructions.
*** Conditions: ***
I will pay you a rate per written word.
Ability to meet deadlines.
Willing to make changes based on editorial feedback.
I own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way.
I would like to start with one/two small assignments to see how it goes, and then, if delivered content matches quality requirements, I will start giving bulk offers.
*** How to apply ***
Please complete and submit Google Form Application to be considered for the role.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!