Job Title: Part-Time Content Writer
BitPonics is seeking a regular writer with experience writing about hydroponics, aeroponics, aquaponics, and gardening in general. The website provides product reviews, tutorials, tips, guides, and other vital resources regarding hydro/aero/aquaponic gardening and we’re seeking a team member to create content that will suit the needs of our audience.
As a writer, you will receive regular content assignments from the manager and editor, and you will be expected to complete the assignment within the guidelines given. Article topics can vary, but may include product reviews, advice/tips posts, “best of” posts, and feature articles. Other projects may be requested as the working relationship grows. Further revisions may be requested after work is submitted for review.
- Native English speaker.
- The ability to write at least two to three articles per week. These articles usually can range from 1000 to 3000 words each, but on occasion may require more or less. More articles may be requested (but would not be mandatory) over time.
- The ability to implement editor feedback into future writing.
- Experience writing for online venues and websites.
- Basic product knowledge in the niche.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Can complete standard article requests within three days’ time.
- Strong research skills.
- Can take SEO concerns into consideration when writing content.
- Can keep a consistent line of communication open with managers and editors.
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Google Sheets
What We Provide
Compensation will be .06 cents per word, with potential changes made for non-standard projects.
Tools and training necessary for the success of your writing and content for BitPonics
Please Do the Following When Submitting Your Application:
- In your application please put the word “Garden” at the top. Applications that do not follow this step will be disregarded.
- Please include three samples of your work.
- Answer the following:
- What types of writing have you done in the past
- What skill sets do you have that make you think you would be a perfect fit for BitPonics?
- What is your experience writing about hydro/aero/aquaponics?
- What is your availability to work?
- What separates your writing from the rest?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
- Submit any other information or documents that you think will be helpful in reviewing your application.
***Send your application to [email protected]
We will own the exclusive rights to any content, it must not be shared, published or appear anywhere else either in print or online without our expressed permission.