Role: Blog Writer
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate
Location: Anywhere, remote
Employment Type: Part time or full time (minimum 10 hours/week)
Are you in love with learning or teaching languages?
Do you want your writing to make an impact on a huge audience?
Would you like to be part of a team of top-notch language writers and editors?
Join FluentU's blog team!
Our blog posts reach millions of readers, and our goal is to create the best language learning blogs anywhere.
FluentU is an online education company that helps people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app and Android app. Founded in 2011, we’re a profitable, stable company with long-term focus, and we’re a 100% distributed/remote team.
We get 5 million visitors per month on our blogs and have 100,000+ people on our email list.
That's where you come in!
As a FluentU blog writer, your main tasks will be writing new blog posts and revamping historical blog content to improve its accuracy, freshness and off-page/on-page performance.
We're currently seeking language learning bloggers to share their expertise on the following languages:
English (as a foreign language)
- 3+ years of experience learning and/or teacher one of the languages covered on the blogs mentioned above intermediate/advanced or B2/C1/C2 preferred (self-assessed okay, no certification required)
- experience living abroad is a plus
- eager to guide our readers through all aspects of language learning—from grammar walkthroughs to study tips, favorite language apps—and to share your personal experiences
- capable of writing crisp and clear copy at the level of a native English speaker
- capable of adapting your writing style based on audience/objective, and master our "friendly expert" tone/voice
- tech-savvy (familiarity with WordPress and Asana is a bonus)
- a self-starter who can get your work done without someone checking in on you all the time
This job might be for you if you:
- enjoy the stability of an hourly rate and having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- like being able to set your hours and work from home
don’t like drumming up new business or chasing down clients
- are tired of working on one-off projects that don’t build up to anything meaningful
- like working in a collaborative environment
- love experimentation and exercising your creativity
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are a beginner or early-intermediate language learner
- are just looking for another client to add to your list of clients
- dislike hourly rates and prefer flat/per-word rates
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the blog writer role, please click here to fill out the application: https://app.asana.com/0/1180241760599944/1180241760599944
Note: We're also hiring blog editors! See here if you think you're a better fit for an editing role: https://www.fluentu.com/blog/job-opportunity-blog-editor/