We are looking for a content writer with expertise or strong interest in the area of Lawn Care & Maintenance (i.e. writing about lawn care schedule, grass, sod, fertilizing, seeding, pest control, weed control, lawn disease, etc.).
- The role is for a long-term freelance ghost copywriter who can deliver around 10000 words per month, mainly on information content but also product reviews.
- Write 4 to 6 articles each month (ranging from 2000 to 4000 words on average)
- Produce well-researched content that covers topics comprehensively.
- You will work with a Content Strategist and a Senior Writer/Editor.
- You will be provided with a list of articles to write and an outline for each assignment.
- You will be expected to follow a documented process and optimize the content through AI tools (i.e. Frase) for SEO (Guidelines provided)
- The accepted pay rate per word will vary depending on skills and productivity/availability. Please provide your rate with your proposal.
- Payments are made immediately after the work is submitted and reviewed.
Here are a few example articles that show the types of content we're looking for:
The target audience is individuals looking to fix a certain aspect of their lawn, or lawn enthusiasts who want to have and maintain the perfect lawn.
- Language: We need a Native English-speaker only. This is non-negotiable. You must also be intimately familiar with writing for a US audience.
- Niche Expertise: Should have experience, strong interest, or knowledge in Lawn Care & Maintenance.
- Experience: Should have an ability to produce well-written, well-researched, attention-grabbing, high-quality articles. Should be able to connect with the target audience by empathizing with and addressing their pain points through friendly, informative, and actionable writing.
- Research: You will need strong in-depth research skills. Research needs to be done for each article (i.e. define in-depth how to fix some lawn problems, find the best products that people can buy, etc.)
- SEO: Familiarity with SEO and content optimization is a plus. However, your writing skills and lawn experience are the most important.
- Processes & Tools: Able to follow a defined process to write content, including following checklists, using Google Docs, Grammarly, AI tools, Slack, etc.
- Soft Skills:
- Must be punctual, consistent, and must hit deadlines.
- Communicating effectively with the team to work through any questions or concerns is a key soft skill we look out for too.
We like writers who know their stuff AND jump off the page with personality and engagement. No fluff, and no academic writing here.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you will be a great fit:
- Tell us about yourself and express your expertise on the topic
- Using Google Docs, include links to 2-3 relevant writing samples.
- Please provide your rate with your proposal.
- Use "Lawn Care Writer" in the subject line so that I know you read the description in its entirety. Otherwise, your proposal will be automatically rejected.
Please only apply if you feel you can meet most of the requirements, or you are confident you can learn aspects of it (i.e. using Frase, etc.)
Finally, if you do NOT hear back from us, that means we have gone with another candidate but we thank you for applying.
Freelancers only, no agencies please.
Thank you for reading.