We are an established legal publishing company seeking talented freelance writers for a new bi-monthly journal geared toward small business owners and solo practitioners (chiropractors, mental health clinics, accountants, insurance agents) who establish referral relationships with our attorney subscribers.
Writers should be able to produce to-the-point, engaging, and original content:
- on topics that interest our intended audience, including marketing, new workplace technologies, business development, self-improvement, finance, etc.;
- that contains valuable “use-it-today” information; and
- that readers bookmark and keep for reference weeks and months down the road.
Qualified candidates will have:
- a strong command of the English language;
- experience with/demonstrate expertise on a subject of interest to small business owners; and
- experience writing for a reputable print or online publication.
- Payment: Writers will initially be offered a rate of $0.15 per word, with the potential increase to $0.20 per word if the writer produces quality material as assessed by our editorial team.
- Initial Test: Selected writers will initially be asked to produce an approximately 500-word article based on either our topic list or on a topic of the writer’s own choosing. Prior to final submission, the writer will submit the first several paragraphs of the article. If the article is not deemed fit-to-print based on the publisher’s assessment, the publisher reserves the right to pay a $20 kill fee for the article.
How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume and three writing samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Freelance Writer-Prosperous Professional." Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
- We ask that you refrain from calling or submitting questions regarding this posting via our online contact form. If you have any questions, please address them briefly with your resume submission.