We're looking for writers who would like to write about the following topics:
- Software and apps reviews
- Gadgets reviews
- General tech topics
- Be a native English writer or possess excellent written English
- Be detail-oriented
- Willing to conduct research on the topic
- Have excellent written communication skills
Strict requirements for this position:
- You must be able to write step-by-step guides
- You must know how to take screenshots and high-quality photos and annotate them
- You have access to BOTH iPhone and Android phone
- You have access to BOTH PC and Mac and know how to work on them
About the position
- The position will start with 4-6 blog posts per month, with more room to grow beyond this if you can deliver consistent quality work.
- Each blog post will have a variable number of words on average between 800-2000 and occasionally 2500-4000 words per post.
- If needed, each post will require you to take screenshots/photos of the apps/software/gadget you are reviewing.
We have very high editorial standards compared to most other blogs. Every post that we publish goes through our strict editorial process where we check all claims and ideas for accuracy. Our readers trust us and we absolutely must ensure the highest quality content.
You'll be assigned topics by us and given a submission deadline.
It's quite likely that in the first few weeks there will be a lot of feedback and editing required, but generally, once a writer gets into the swing of things, that part should be minimal.
All content must be original, actionable, informative, and to the point. No fluff or filler!
Note that we only require our writers to write the content with screenshots and some text formatting in the article.
Articles have to be submitted as a link to a Google Doc shared for editing (no web design required).
Our budget is around $300-500 for 10,000 words in total. So please bid based on this number.
Here's an example of the brief: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zDIvISkIWmsSCl0M6CI8aaw0H_hLDhub5dbBbgVJU84/edit#
If you cannot follow the brief, please do NOT apply. Save your and my time.
- Articles must be written, edited, and gone through a round (or a few) of fixes before payment is made.
- Payment will be made through PayPal after the article is finalized (went through a round of edits). Please note that the payment won’t cover the PayPal fees.
How to apply
- Please apply through this form: https://forms.gle/gaQkGzAY9GH499VH8
Only the applications submitted through the form will be reviewed.
- If we like the samples you provided, we will contact you to write a paid test article.
- The test article will represent a typical task we assign to our writers.
- The test article rate will have a smaller rate we’ll discuss separately.
After passing the test
- If you wrote a test article and we liked it, we will offer you a trial period of 6 (six) articles.
- The trial articles will be paid based on a smaller rate we’ll discuss separately (it will be higher than the test article rate).
After the trial period ends
- Once the trial period passes, we will hire you permanently at the rate we agreed on in this job posting.
We apologize in advance if you don’t hear back from us. Due to the high volume of applicants, we’ll only be able to get back to writers whom we feel may be a good fit.
Please follow the instructions above to ensure your application be considered.