Seeking writers to produce informational and review articles for the web, covering a wide variety of topics.
We're not a content mill nor a content agency - we are a couple of individuals who own various websites in different spaces covering multiple topics, and are looking for writers to depend on for our content needs.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High level fluent or native English speakers, who are very good at written English. If English is not one of your strong points, please do not apply.
- People who have an engaging, witty voice, able to relate to and entertain readers while being highly informative and able to truly teach and give over useful information in a friendly, entertaining way.
- You must be able to produce high quality, long form content (between 1000-3000 words in general, but sometimes up to 5000 words) that is accurate, and information rich.
- You must have excellent online research skills leading to the ability to write an article on any given topic, even those you have little to no experience in.
NOTE: The content we need requires only internet research, you will NOT be asked to do any outreach, read books, magazines or interview anyone.
- You must be willing and able to include links out to authoritative sources of information from within your written text, to back up important points made, and to give credit where it's due where information was found.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- This is a long-term and on-going opportunity where we’re looking for writers who are able to produce anything from 3000 to 10,000 words each per month (depending on your availability and our content needs). If you can write more than 10,000 words a month, we like your writing and need more content, more work can be given depending on the need for it.
- Individual articles will be anything from 1000 words to 5000 words each, so we’d be looking for people who can create anything from 2 to 6 pieces each per month.
WHAT WE'RE NOT LOOKING FOR:
- 'SEO posts', Click bait, thin content listicles, or other low-quality content
- Agency applications (We want to work one on one with actual writers only)
HOW WORK WILL BE GIVEN
- You will be given a very detailed brief that contains instructions for writing each article.
- You will be asked to write two types of articles, depending on what we need from you at the time.
- Informational Articles: Articles that serve to answer questions and search queries that people type into Google. How to ABC ... Why does my ABC do XYZ ... When Will I ABC ... How Can I XYZ ...
- Buying Guides and Product Review Articles. If you aren't familiar with this type of article, search keywords such as "best running shoes for women" and "best gaming chair for ps4" to get a feel for how buying guides and product review articles are written.
- We will pay you a rate per written word
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to make changes based on editorial feedback (we usually find very little change is needed though, due to the detail in our briefs and writing instructions.)
- We own exclusive rights to the content, it must not be used, shared or published in any other way. However, if published in your name, we cannot make any changes to the content either (without your permission.)
- We are open to accepting both ghost written work, or publishing under your own name if you have relevant authority and experience to add to a credible bio.
HOW TO APPLY:
We want to make sure applicants have read and understood this ad (you'd be surprised how many automated replies we get!) so if any these are not included in your application, it will be deleted right away and not considered.
- Please send an email to Mark and Moe at: [email protected] with the subject line: “Long term writing position application”.
- Include up to 3 links of relevant informational articles you've previously written for the web on any topic (how to / why article, a product review and buying guide article, etc ..). Blogs where you talk about personal experiences, personal stories and personal views aren't relevant samples.
- Your previous experience (if applicable) and what makes you ideal for this opportunity.
- How much you charge per written word of content
- How many words per month you think you can write
- Whether you would like to provide ghostwritten work, or published in your name (Ghostwriters will be given preference due to the extra ease of managing the content / easier editorial process. Though publishing in your name will be considered for strong candidates)
- Any questions or further information you would like from me.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
All the best,
Mark and Moe.