Are you in love with learning or teaching languages?
Would you like your writing to make an impact on a big audience?
And would you like to be part of a team of top-notch language bloggers?
Then we have the perfect job for you.
We are a startup called FluentU. We help people learn languages through real-world videos like movie trailers, music videos, news, and inspiring talks: http://www.fluentu.com/.
We are looking for writers to contribute regularly to our blogs for language learners and language teachers. We need strong writers who can write about learning or teaching the following languages:
- Mandarin Chinese
- Business English
We aim to create the best language blogs anywhere.
Our blogs already have hundreds of thousands of readers. Many of our posts get thousands of social shares. It's a great way to reach a big audience and build your online brand.
This is not a ghostwriting position and you would get full credit for your work, including a short bio at the end of your post.
You can take a look at our existing blog posts to get a sense of the style of the content that we would ask you to write:
We would request that you write at least one 1,200 word blog post per week at a rate of $70 USD per blog post. If you're looking for more writing work, you could write several posts per week.
- You should have significant (1 year+) firsthand experience learning or teaching languages.
- You should write like a native English speaker.
- Tech-savvy — You would work in WordPress and our project management platform, CoSpot.
- Payment is done via PayPal.
To apply, please send an email to blogs [ at ] fluentu [ dot ] com and:
- note which languages you're interested in writing about
- describe your experience with learning and/or teaching languages
- send writing samples (URLs of public blog posts preferred)
- pitch headlines of potential topics for your first posts
If you're interested and you do an outstanding job, this can develop into a part-time or full-time editing position. Please mention if you think you would be interested in deepening our collaboration down the road.