This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of building the next big language learning site and mobile app: https://parrotlanguages.com/. Parrot helps people learn through immersive first-person video and speech recognition.
Parrot is a new project started by the same company behind FluentU, a popular language learning app and website. We’re a profitable, stable company (started in 2011) with a long-term focus – proudly self-funded. Many people know us through our blog, which is visited millions of times every month.
In this role, you will:
- grow the Parrot blog (https://blog.parrotlanguages.com/), which is still in the early stages.
- work closely with the founder of FluentU (https://www.linkedin.com/in/alancpark/)
- learn from best practices of the FluentU blog, but not be restricted by them
- be one of several editors working with managing freelance writers
- own the responsibility of growing the blog to millions of visitors per month
How we work
- We’re a 100% distributed/remote team and always have been.
- Most of our communication is text-based (mostly Asana) and we have a low-stress environment.
- We also have a flat, collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason. We prioritize communicating clearly: https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/communication-guidelines
I'm looking for someone who:
- knows blog editing backwards and forwards (note: experience with academic editing, technical content editing, fiction editing, news editing, doesn’t necessarily translate to blog editing. Same goes for editing your own writing work)
- knows at least the basics of SEO
- is proficient at managing a team of writers
- is practical, action oriented, and gets things done
- has project management skills and can get things going
creates and improves effective processes and documentation
- is data oriented and not afraid of numbers
- has a growth mindset and is dedicated to continuous improvement
- can work 25+ hours per week on a regular basis
- is tech-savvy (Experience with WordPress preferred. Knowing Asana wins bonus points.)
- Has some meaningful experience with language learning.
Please note that this initial job is a fully paid trial project to see if there's a mutual fit. Details about the trial project will be provided later.