Make Tech Easier (MTE) is seeking Linux, Apple, and Microsoft enthusiasts with online publishing experience. We cover tutorials around common technology platforms, including Linux, macOS, and Windows.
Must-have skills and experience:
- Expertise in at least one of the following platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Experience with WordPress and writing/blogging online
- Fluent English writing skills and ability to explain
- complex matters in simple terms
What to expect:
- We use Slack to communicate with our remote team (initial communication will be via email).
- We use OpenProject for task management, content briefs, and editorial feedback.
- Our weekly quota is two articles.
- We employ a rigorous editing process to ensure our content is authentic, factually correct, and well-written.
- Qualified writers will receive the opportunity to join the editorial team.
This is a remote / work-from-home opportunity, so you can be based anywhere in the world. If you pass probation (4-12 weeks), we'll want to work with you on a long-term basis.
MTE pays per article, not per word. However, rates roughly range from 5 to 10 cents per word. We will share specific rates before we invite you to submit your first article.
We can only respond to qualifying candidates, but don't hesitate to message us with questions or comments. Thank you!
To apply, submit the application form at