Most entrepreneurs aren’t the Silicon Valley “disruptors” aiming to take over the world.
If you want to find the majority of entrepreneurs, look no further than your own downtown.
Bakeries, clothing boutiques, repair shops, dog trainers. They make their dent in the universe by turning their skills and passions into a way of life. Their lives are fulfilling, but are also busy and chaotic.
The QuickBooks Resource Center is backing those who don't back down.
It’s a place to learn everything about starting, managing, and growing a small business.
We are looking for regular freelance contributors to help us build a library of stories, guides, and straightforward advice. Interested in joining us?
- The ability to jump into a well-established workflow
- Experience creating compelling narratives from data
- The ability to write interesting headers
- Experience writing in the SMB and SE space
- Advanced knowledge of a key SMB topic preferred (accounting, customer service, HR, legal)
- Strong understanding of today’s SEO requirements and a willingness to utilize tools offered to them.
- An ambition to have your work syndicated worldwide and to top business websites around the world
- Curiosity around using new tools to improve the odds of getting ranked for hard-to-rank keywords in Google
- Quick turnaround of high-quality copy. Willing and able to take on multiple articles a week
- A drive to dig deeper into assigned articles. Not willing to settle for superficial info that is readily available elsewhere
- Extremely passionate about the work we do
- Deeply dedicated to developing our talent
- Keen to learn from your skills and experience
- Eager to build a team that meets regularly and supports one another
- Happy to compensate you well for great work
To apply, please submit the following to [email protected] by Sept. 10th.
Please include 2-3 writing samples (links are best) along with a sentence about the strategy behind the article.
Tell us about 2-3 blogs that you read regularly and why you enjoy them.
Take a look at http://quickbooks.intuit.com/r/ and suggest one thing—anything—that you think needs improvement
Let us know who you are and where you are. We’re very invested in the people we work with and would like to get to know you outside of work.
Applications not submitted to the email address [email protected] by Sept 10th will NOT be considered.